PDA

View Full Version : help on new exhaust....

rideredorgohome
08-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Hey guys and gals I was just wondering.....my exhaust totally fell off today from the cat back, my muffler is off and the intermediate pipe is toast. I have it wired up from the cat to keep it off the ground right now. My cat is original and a total piece of crap. I was thinking about getting a cat and muffler from Dynamax. Dynamax unfortunately does not make a intermediate pipe for my car, so I was just going to order a stainless aftermarket pipe. Do you guys know if the Dynamax cat will bolt up straight to my stock flex pipe and stock replacement pipe, and whether the muffler will bolt up straight to the intermediate pipe. Your input is greatly appreciated.:)

modu03
08-20-2003, 02:00 AM
well... if you post the link to the parts you want, I will look em over and tell you if it will fit... but, ya know, you won't really notice much of a gain from just the muffler, you really should replace the whole pipe with 2.25 inch tubing(mandrel bend)...

you can either have a shop make the pype for you, or you can just buy the pacesetter exhaust system, chop the muffler off and put the one you want on...

you should notice a good gain from any aftermarket cat, but I plan on getting an off road pipe to replace my cat with... I'll just have to pop the cat back on when it comes time to smog the beast. that would be the best power gain

while your at it... why not buy some 4-2-1 headers, it's easier to do it all as one project than a piece at a time.

modu03
08-20-2003, 02:03 AM
by the way... I had the same thing happen to my car... except it fell off while going down the freeway at about 110... there were some nice sparks trailin behind my car.

cubert
08-20-2003, 05:35 AM
if the cat doesnt have any leaks in it and you wanna save money..just hollow it out

rideredorgohome
08-20-2003, 06:00 AM
My car has to pass emissions....I have to have a working cat on this puppy....I just have enough money to put the dynomax cat and muffler on at the moment with the intermediate pipe

dXsquared
08-20-2003, 08:03 AM
go to your local muffler shop with a Dynomax Super turbo muffler, a CARSOUND cat off ebay (2.25 inch) and some cash.. tell them that you want them to hang the cat, run a 2.25 inch pipe from teh back of the cat to the muffler... then get them to put a 2.25 inch peice of exhaust pipe ( stainless) to the back of the car.. this way it will be loud enuff to make you happy, but not look too suspisious

Travis