PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Gauge Cluster

Neuspeed007
08-19-2003, 09:29 PM
well i took apart my gauge cluster and installed my new ones, the only problem is that once i put the gauges cluster back on with the new ones installed, everything works but the FUEL gauge. i dont know how much fuel is in my car, and its been like that for 2 days. I worry im going to run out at an unexpected time. i dont know how to fiz it, im going to take it apart again and see if the new gauge is touching the needle, but i know i made sure it wouldnt.

ONE THING I THINK MIGHT CAUSE THIS IS BECAUSE WHEN I WAS PUTING ON THE NEW GAUGE FOR THE FUEL AND THE TEMP, I TRIED TO LIFE UP THE NEEDLE ON THE FUEL GAUGE AND I THINK IT MIGHT BE HIGHER THEN USUAL MAKING IT HARDER TO MOVE.????? :confused: BUT THATS ALL I CAN THINK OF, I TOOK OFF THE DASH AND THE CONNECTION IS FINE.

ANY IDEAS PEOPLE? THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FRO ME, BECAUSE I HAVE GAS ISSUES ALREAYD SOMETIMES.

THANK YOU FOR ALL UR HELP.

NICK-`

Neuspeed007
08-21-2003, 09:36 PM
ok ive given this thread 2 days, and nobody can help? ? ? only 16 people have looked! thats fucked up

Mac
08-23-2003, 07:23 AM
The fuel gauge and temp gauge use the same fuse so if the temp gauge is working you should have power to the fuel gauge. As long as your sending unit is good the fuel gauge should work. Maybe the gauge is shot.

95AccordEXR
08-23-2003, 07:32 AM
NEVER touch the needles

Neuspeed007
08-23-2003, 07:46 AM
ya i touched the fuel needle, but i think whats happend was that it lifted up, and so now it just needs to go down and then it will move again..

Mac
08-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Try it but be careful. You might want to plug in the old one to see if it works, then you will know for sure if it is the gauge.