PDA

View Full Version : car fcuked up

hoho1217
08-20-2003, 09:07 AM
ok, so here's wut happend, monday morning, i went to a gas station(mobil) to get an oil change, and had them do my fuel filter too, and so they did...

so after they got everything done, they couldn't start the engine, and i was like :wtf: and they were like :huh:

so one of the guy sprayed the engine/motor starting spraying thing on my short ram filter (stupid stupid stupid!!)

so the other guy went ahead and turned the ignition, and FLOOOF, my intake filter cought on fire, and stuff around it also did a bit, im like :eek: :eek:

they used towels and put the fire out in like 5 sec, but i was afraid that they have killed something with the fire.

so they guy looked at it, and found out he accidentally pulled one of the spark wires out, thats y car didn't start, and there for the fire with the engine start spray

he plugged it back in and :D at me.

the other guy still in my car, started up the car, and it was perfectly fine. so at the time, i was like thank god....

well i drove to skool (about 1 hour away, 90% freeway, 10% local) car was perfectly fine, went to class (2 hours) went back to car, and left it on with AC, so i could do my homework (another hour or so) and car was also perfectly fine, so i went back to second class (another 2 hours) came back to my car, started it up, but had trouble idling....:confused:

so i ignored it, and backed it up, and my car was so unstable, but engine still on, slowly rolled my car down the exit, and it idled out UPON TAPPING ON THE GAS.:huh:

so i ignored that, cuz i thot i was just some stupid thing, so i went on, a bit more, then same thing happend, stepped on gas, idled out, not too long later, it did it on every red light and stop signs, i was afraid to pull this into the freeway, so i managed to get my car in a random parket lot, and checked it out, everything seems to be in order. i couldn't figure out wtf is wrong with it. so i left my car there for the night and my cuzin picked me up.

next day, went back to my car, still have the problem, and managed to slowly get to a near by gas station shop, where they checked it out, they changed a little something with my intake pipe to vaccum box's hose. and they found out one of my spark wires were broken (the one that caught my engine on fire)

that helped my car a bit, as it was more drivable now, so i went to skool as usual, and after that i got my car into the freeway with no problem, but it seems at lower RPM, my car would get unstable, so i was forced to drive in D3 to keep my RPM high at all times (and back to D4 when i reach 70mph)

so i got off freeway safely, and OMG, it was so hard to drive in local all the sudden, car would idle out ALMOST EVERY TIME gas is pressed, it takes me 20 seconds to get pass a intersection where people would honk at me and stuff. i had my emergency flashers going too.

i got back home finally. now ....

this morning, i can barely start the car, and as soon as i put it into any gear (reverse, D4, D3, 2) it would idle out. :wtf:

i think i got some big problems here...

wut i dont get is that i could drive perfectly to skool that morning AFTER the fire incident, then y after skool??

so i can't figure out wuts wrong with it.

any ideas?

2twisty
08-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Take it back to the oil change place and make them fix it.

dXsquared
08-20-2003, 09:53 AM
what the hell is idle out??

Travis

1988starter
08-20-2003, 10:06 AM
All I can really say is look for either a melted vacume leak orsomething loose that may help there are vacume lines on efi that will make you stall if not connected.

smufguy
08-20-2003, 10:33 AM
what kinda dumb ass would those guys be? Dude, i would be suing those crackheads bro. This is just insane. Getting ur car on fire is something utterly messed up. When i was reading ur post i was like wtf are these people doing with the starter fluid on ur air filter. It says clearly on the can that u need to remove the air filter and spray it on ur Carb i never came across one for ur EFI. thats weird. Man...... these people need to get a job cleaning the toilet floor or sweeping the streets not work on cars and get them on fire. :rant:

A20A1
08-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Just cause guys work at an oil and filter change place doesn't mean they are certified mechanics... 1 or 2 of them are and they act more as supervisors and let the other guys do the work.

hoho1217
08-21-2003, 10:09 PM
eeehk, never going back to that gas station for any services ever again...

thanks guys, i checked my vaccums, they are just fine, no melted or bad ones (at least none that i can see....)

i bought a new set of spark wire set from bosch, and my dad's friend (my car is at his shop right now) found out my rotor (is that wut it's called? the thing that the spark wires plug into on the left side of the engine) was broken, since i told him thats the area that was on fire. my car is now fine after the new rotor installed(according to him) im getting my car back tomorow, we'll see how it goes from there.

o and idle out just means, when ur car is at idle rpm, it drops and engines turns off, that's all. or (something like that)

MrBen
08-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Wow hoho, I haven't seen you post in a long time... you should come back more often!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully everything is fine now. And don't ever go back to them!