PDA

View Full Version : Requirements To Become A Member

NOAHS88accord
08-20-2003, 10:11 AM
Marc and all the other MODS,

I believe in order to become a member of this site, requestors must first be required to read the FAQ's, the HOW-TO's, and be told about the search function.

This would cut down on wasteful posts, and not irritate the members who have been on here for sometime who do know about these things.

This is just a suggestion I am not trying to tell you how to run your website.

Noah

bobafett
08-20-2003, 10:39 AM
yeah but i dont know how it could be enforced.
its not that people dont KNOW about the search button, its that people want to get answers to their own specific inquiries. :)

there is pretty much no such thing as a new idea or a new post... everything has been said before...

that being said i agree that there are a lot of pointless posts, but i cant say anything, because i had my share of "how can i get more power" threads.. where everyone just says: get i/h/e/cam lol.. but its nice to have people reply to your own thread, even though it obviously has been discussed before. :)

i just wish we would have less ricey posts. its encouraging to read about new members who are looking to be quick, i just hate having to read about altezzas or which wings fit. :(

NOAHS88accord
08-20-2003, 10:48 AM
the way to enforce it is to require them to read the faq's and how-to's and then once they have read them and we can verify they actually were in those specific forums we let them sign up.

it does sound far fetched but theres gotta be some way to do it.

along with you I hate rice (carwise not the actual food :D ) if they wanted to put a wing on their car, they should have bought a more sportier car in the first place, a square styled car with a 6foot high wing on the back, and a coffee can sized muffler with stickers all over it just makes them look stupid and hopefully get their ass beat by people who actually know why you would need a wing on the back of a car. basically i wish i had come up with one of these ideas to sell huge aluminum wings to high school kids with neons and metros and base civics

GOD DAMNIT time for me to go think of some kind of product to sell to rich parented high school kids.

im out

Noah

DeathRat
08-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I might be a newbie here, but I've run 5 other forums in the last 10 years (Owner, Admin & Moderator) I can feel for those members that have to keep reading the same over-asked questions. I do admit though, this is the FIRST forum I've come across that actually posts a "How to Post" thread & "Rules" thread for EVERY SECTION! I wish other sites thought of that! Because of this very forum's set of posting rules, I've decided to make this forum my new home. I would like to thank everyone who put together those "How To" threads too. Keep up the great work!

zero.counter
08-20-2003, 05:17 PM
NOAHS88accord, in regards to both of your posts is the following response.

What you are proposing is ludicrous and unsubstantiated. You are essentially contemplating the imposition of a strict set of rules for which would scare away potential members who are coming here to learn. 3GEEZ would be the only forum I know of with a "Standardized Entrance Exam", and would cause the site to end up in a dilapidated condition.

As well, there would be an easy loophole in your requirement, which is obvious.

The comments laid forth on the second post show that opinions are marring your judgement on others. Character flaws are exhibited by that.

Be cool and deal with the issues logically. If you dislike a particular posting, then refrain from answering.

lanman024
08-20-2003, 05:20 PM
That is true but as a newbie it always makes me feel awesome when other 3 geez members respectivly help out whenever needed thats why i love this site!!

lanman024
08-20-2003, 05:22 PM
Without 3geez I would be Lost...........thanx to everyone

HostileJava
08-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I beleive a couple of the forums I've registered on have required you at least click through there rules page before signing up.

86AccordLxi
08-20-2003, 09:45 PM
honda-tech has a system where you are a trial user for 15 days (i think) and you can't post in some forums until you become a member. However, their site has over 50000 members so they can afford to do that without hurting their numbers. Maybe we should have something like what hostile said, but I honestly don't think repeated questions are a problem. If you take offense to a newb posting a question about an H22 fitting or whatnot, JUST CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. Someone will usually be more than willing to answer a question even if it is a repeat. If a noob is asking a question, they're asking the whole board, not just a specific member. If you're upset, just don't respond rather than flaming away at them. Usually someone will post the answer and also throw in advice about the search function, anyway. All in all, if it wasn't for repeated questions, i think many of the tech forums would start to fizzle.

Alex

alex

89AcCOrDmike
08-20-2003, 09:49 PM
i tried to get them to do this before, it just won't fly man, i suggested they read the how to's then have a test, but i really dont' think it will happen

dXsquared
08-20-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
honda-tech has a system where you are a trial user for 15 days (i think) and you can't post in some forums until you become a member. However, their site has over 50000 members so they can afford to do that without hurting their numbers. Maybe we should have something like what hostile said, but I honestly don't think repeated questions are a problem. If you take offense to a newb posting a question about an H22 fitting or whatnot, JUST CLICK THE BACK BUTTON. Someone will usually be more than willing to answer a question even if it is a repeat. If a noob is asking a question, they're asking the whole board, not just a specific member. If you're upset, just don't respond rather than flaming away at them. Usually someone will post the answer and also throw in advice about the search function, anyway. All in all, if it wasn't for repeated questions, i think many of the tech forums would start to fizzle.

Alex

alex

I just started a fight with another H22 guy... :)

Travis

86AccordLxi
08-20-2003, 10:38 PM
I know...i saw your post right before i wrote that. All i'm saying is, people need to get less worked up about repeated questions. Having a test for the noobs is absurd since that will discourage new people from coming. If you have a problem with a repeated question. DON"T ANSWER. It's simple yet effective.

Alex

cdscowboy
08-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Alex...:werd: to both of your posts. I fully agree with you. :)

MrBen
08-21-2003, 04:56 PM
I agree as well!