PDA

View Full Version : Random Air Conditioning problem.....

L Squared
08-21-2003, 05:21 AM
Hey everyone,
I just had my AC service in July to make sure I'd be nice and cool on the way down to FL for vacation. And the AC has been running great since then...until yesterday. I let my folks borrow my car for a mini road trip. They gave me a call tellin my AC wasn't working. Aparently none of the LED's will light up on the control panel. The blower works fine but that's about it. Is there a fuse or relay that needs to be replaced? Anyone have any ideas not having AC during a St. Louis summer sucks ass!

-Lē

SiR
08-21-2003, 05:54 AM
I think the rear-defroster fuse is connected to the compressor. The LED dosent matter, unless there is no power source anymore to the control panel just so you cant puch in the A/C botton.

smufguy
08-21-2003, 04:51 PM
this might be gay, but check and see if u have adequate pressure of the Refrigirent in ur system. Does the AC clutch engage (a different tone in engine when u press the AC button) ? MIght be a blown fuse like u mentioned or a bad ac clutch relay!! :(:sadwave:

Mac
08-21-2003, 05:22 PM
Check fuse #25 (40a) and fuse #5 (10a).

L Squared
08-21-2003, 08:15 PM
ooohh...thanks for the fuse hints i'll check that tommrow. It's weird i hard the system charged in july. I have no LED's for the vent buttons (vent, heat, HI-LO ect.) and when you press the AC button the engine idles up like it like the compressor is kicking in, which it isn't. Anyways Lemme see if the fuse idea helps. Thanks again and if anyone has anymore ideas feel free to contribute!

-Louis