PDA

View Full Version : No P/S = A Real Workout

DBMaster
08-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Well, my P/S leak got a lot worse last night and I left a trail of fluid up the driveway and a big puddle in the garage.

It is leaking out from the area where the high pressure lines connect to the rack. The leaks have been randomly getting better and worse for over a year so it wasn't exactly unexpected.

I am going to let my local Honda shop fix it for me since they have a lift and I don't. Based upon all the places where I have seen P/S fluid coming out I might need a new rack and a pump seal.

All I can say is this car is one tough M/F to drive without power steering. It's not bad once you're moving, but it sucks in a parking lot!

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 07:31 AM
hahahaha that sucks man

Alot of the cars over here in korea that military members buy are non power steering cars. It's so funny to see them try to go throught the barricades and then when they hit them i cant help but bust up laughing.

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 07:37 AM
boo hoo... i have no PS in my hatch and im running 215/40/17's... it might be easier with a manual rack then with a broken power one, but i dont have any problems

Travis

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 07:40 AM
DXHATCHBACK,

I love your attitude man

I give you mad props

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 07:42 AM
was that sarcastic??

lol

Travis

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 07:44 AM
almost everything i say is sarcastic

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 07:46 AM
so was that sarcastic???

argh.. im gonna pass out.. im having a brain over load

Travis

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 07:47 AM
hahahaha

what i was saying is i like how you always have some smart ass comment to say to everyones post

I find that funny

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 07:50 AM
ok then.. its only the truth...

KEEP IT REAL:)

Travis

Vinny
08-21-2003, 10:43 AM
I drove mine for over a month without powersteering when I first got it with noo problems turning it, hell my wife drove it without too much effort

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by My Cousin Vinny
I drove mine for over a month without powersteering when I first got it with noo problems turning it, hell my wife drove it without too much effort

The problem is not driving the car, it's more parking the car and pulling out of a parking spot. I have no P/S and parrallel parking is a hassle.. especially when ppl park real close to you.

DBMaster
08-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks! I knew I could count on this group for sympathy. :)

Anyway, I just have 195/60 14's - H Rated. They are Michelin Pilots and they are quite grippy. I am dealing with it. I was just griping.

I am going to either fix it or get it fixed next week when I get back from my trip. My wife is telling me that I should get a new car. I have driven this one so long I wouldn't even know what to buy. Maybe an Element. Anyway, for now I'll just fix this and keep going.

'A20A3'
08-21-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DBMaster
Thanks! I knew I could count on this group for sympathy. :)

Anyway, I just have 195/60 14's - H Rated. They are Michelin Pilots and they are quite grippy. I am dealing with it. I was just griping.

I am going to either fix it or get it fixed next week when I get back from my trip. My wife is telling me that I should get a new car. I have driven this one so long I wouldn't even know what to buy. Maybe an Element. Anyway, for now I'll just fix this and keep going.

damn right! keeping the 3G.:D

Vinny
08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 'A20A3'
damn right! keeping the 3G.:D
big time props for keepin the carand putting up with it

DBMaster
08-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I have had it since it was new. It still looks practically new and this is really the only thing wrong with it at the moment so it's not like I put money into it all the time.

Over the life of this car it has required little in the way of unscheduled repairs. You can't ask for more than that!