PDA

View Full Version : Good source for a front fender?

accord250
08-21-2003, 07:58 AM
Hello to all. Geeze, here I am, a noob all over again. Oh well.
I just picked up an 89 Accord LX-i for $250. Overall, the body is very solid, but it does need paint and a new front fender (driver's side).

I checked one place online, I don't remember the name of the site at the moment. Anyway I thought they had pretty good prices until I went to check out, and found out they wanted $50 or there abouts for shipping! :wtf:

It shouldn't cost more than $20 for shipping, and probably not nearly that much. Anyone know of any decent sources for body pannels? Thanks for any help!

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 08:03 AM
junkyards???????

NeubJ
08-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Go with OEM-Trust me-
unless your not very anal about things then go with aftermarket/or what you can afford.

try Certifit.com

accord250
08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Thx for that link, I'll check it out. I may price it at the dealer, but they'll probably want for the fender what I paid for the entire car.

Junkyards around me are about useless for import stuff because I'm in a GM town, and there are very few imports in the junkyards. Worth a call or 3 though, as long as it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to take off the car.

HostileJava
08-21-2003, 11:14 AM
What price are you looking for? I have a drivers side front fender.

Bloodlust
08-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I would have to say check out a junk yard. I wouldnt recommend getting a replacement one from Honda because they never hang right. Trust me I know from experience :mad: But hey you might get lucky.

accord250
08-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by HostileJava
What price are you looking for? I have a drivers side front fender.

Lookin for the lowest price, as usual. Is your's new or used? Condition?

What kind of price tag is on it? Would have to be shipped to Fenton, MI 48430

BTW: I visited your website and looked at your car. VERY nice!

Conflicting opinions? One person says to stick with OEM, and another says NOT to go that route. DOH!

HostileJava
08-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanx for the compliments. The fender will actually be coming off of the hatch so it's in good condition. I bought extra fenders to mold z3 vents into while I was driving the hatch. Then the tranny blew in the hatch and I bought an 89 sei coupe. So i don't need the fenders that are on the hatch right now. I'm just gonna stick the z3 fenders on when I'm done with them. Let me know what the lowest price was you saw (honestly) and I'll give it to you for 75% of that plus shipping.

accord250
08-21-2003, 03:13 PM
Sounds fair, I'll let you know. Will you have other parts available as well? If so, I should take inventory of what I need. Doesn't need too much though.

HostileJava
08-22-2003, 05:22 AM
I do have some other parts, let me know what you want.

g0ldfinGa
08-23-2003, 12:37 AM
i replaced my drivers side fender at the junkyard was only $21, and it fits perfectly, and what the hell do u mean they never hang right? they bolt down in several places so all of them fit the same if u get the right one..

g0ldfinGa
08-23-2003, 12:38 AM
i got my drivers side fender for $21 and it fits perfect it was taken off a 88 accord lx for my 87 accord lx