PDA

View Full Version : I was rear-ended today

Bobs89LXi
06-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Yes, that's right. I was rear-ended by a Buick full of migrant workers on the way home form work. It happened when a stupid cabby two cars ahead of me decided to make a sudden right into an apartment complex without signaling. The car behind him had to slam on his brakes, so I did the same to avoid running up his ass. Well, the driver of the Buick was either not paying attention, following too close, or both. Needless to say, he hit the back of my car at about 25 or 30 mph. I ended up with scuff marks on the rear bumper, and the brace which holds the center of the bumper cover on the bottom was pushed forward, causing the bottom of the cover to bow up. The bumper did not move at all, and my exhaust tip escaped without a scratch. Now as far as the POS Buick....................well his entire front grill assembly shattered, along with the left headlight frame. It looked like shit compared to mine.

There is one silver lining to this cloud. It appears as though he went right under my rear bumper. That being said, I guess not having it dropped saved my car from more serious damage. :lol
I would like to know if anyone has attempted to straighten the center bumper cover brace and how difficult it is to do.

87accordlxi
06-14-2002, 09:05 PM
that sucks to hear bob. but at least you made it out relatively unscathed. it could have been alot worse! i believe everything happens for a reason, and now i know why you hadn't lowered it yet! :lol

Jareds 89 LX-i
06-14-2002, 09:07 PM
Damn Bob, that sucks. You have the worst luck with getting rear ended in 3g Accords, I swear, LOL :lol At least it sounds like it wasn't nearly as bad this time, and glad it didn't do too much damage.

Hope you can get it all fixed up. I'm not sure about bending the bumper piece back -- never tried that before :rolleyes:

ACCORD EX
06-15-2002, 02:47 AM
boba ! i can't belive it i thought it was a joke at first ! :(

MIKE

Bobs89LXi
06-15-2002, 07:20 AM
No Mike, it isn't a joke. I was able to straighten the brace, but the scuff marks remain. The Buick was white too, so it shows up quite well on my Monterey Green paintjob. Now I'll have to find some way to remove them and get some touch up paint to cover the rest. Any suggestions? Like I said, the damage was minor. The bumper is straight and is still in place, and my exhaust tip is unscathed. Luckily it was rush hour and the traffic was slow, otherwise I would be talking about replacing rear end body components. You are right Jared, I do have the luck when it comes to 3Gs and rear end collisions. I just wish that my 86 would have come out of it as well as my 89 did. :(

YK86
06-15-2002, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear you are okay. I saw the title and though "Oh no, again??". So I guess having a 4X4 Accord did help! J/K. Anyways, if it's light paint marks from the other car, maybe some tar/bug remover or a clay bar will take it off.

frankiebonez
06-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Won't their insurance cover the damage? If they don't have insurance you can always say you hurt your neck and sue.

accordlx
06-15-2002, 02:43 PM
Bob,

Sorry to hear about your luck. (or lack there of....) I know I would be pissed if this happened to me.

The first thing I would try would be bug and tar remover. This should have enough petroleum to loosen up the white paint. If this doesnt work, I would switch to plan B.

This is going to sound really crazy but you might try Rain X on the affected area. Try a little spot and then if it works for you then try a little larger spot.

accordlx
06-16-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey Bob, did you get the white paint off of your car?

dosh8er
06-16-2002, 08:12 AM
Sorry to hear man! I feel for those of us who get in an accident where there is no escape, when we are the ones defending ourselves... Anyway, Bob man, if they were going that fast, you should seriously go see a chiropractor. I remember an accident I was in with my parents a couple years ago, and that was at a stop light, some lady rear-ended us, (the night before we were taking off on vacation) and we found out later that our backs took a beating.

I won't explain all that doctor stuff on what happens when you get rear-ended, but yeah, at least go get checked out, let them get some x-rays to see how your spine looks, etc. I think the insurance company would pay for a visit in your scenario.

Sucks getting hit!

Bobs89LXi
06-16-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by accordlx
Hey Bob, did you get the white paint off of your car?

I haven't attempted to yet Chris. I was going to take a trip to Pep Boys tomorrow on the way home from work, in search of the items suggested here. By the way, thank you all for the support and suggestions.

SQ is the SQUAD
06-20-2002, 06:39 AM
too bad the force dident knock that silly wing off
j/k
5gen lights rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flip: