PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Muffler Please Help

lanman024
08-21-2003, 10:42 AM
I bought a Bomb muffler for 120.00 and i needed to know if anyone has something like this, and if so when you got it welded did you have to get new piping bent or did you just get a reducer and then weld it on to the muffler thats already there exluding the end muffler stock peice that you can cutoff! or if any one has ideas on installing it, cant get a catback cause i already have the bomb muffler ... thanks

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
bring it to the shop and get a 2.25 inch cat back pipe made... then have them install it all.. should cost like 150 bucks for the pipe and install... if you just weld the bomb onto the stock pipe it wouldnt make much power

Travis

lanman024
08-21-2003, 10:57 AM
thank for your help, i am probably just get it welded on to stock piping does anyone know the size of the reducer i would need ?

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
if you bring it to an exhaust shop to get it done, they will just weld it on for you... i must warn you, with the extra small pipe size, the exhaust note with be very raspy and crackle alot. it wont be very deep at all

Travis

NOAHS88accord
08-21-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by lanman024
thank for your help, i am probably just get it welded on to stock piping does anyone know the size of the reducer i would need ?

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rice:

Vinny
08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
is it me or does that seem high for the muffler??????????Especially if you're just gonna use it to rice-out your car..hell you'da been better getting a 30 buck one off ebay

Neuspeed007
08-22-2003, 01:15 AM
that is correct, or a $50 from me

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22167

:D

bobafett
08-26-2003, 11:34 PM
yeah i paid 75 for a bomb style, locally, and got a discount installing it at the shop, because of who i bought it from. :D

ricers make baby jesus cry, so please get your 2.25 pipe installed while your at it

NXRacer
08-27-2003, 07:58 AM
what he's trying to do reminds me of back in the day when putting on a resonator on the back of your stock exhaust made you faster! :rolleyes:

toastyghost
08-27-2003, 08:51 AM
HAHAHAHA what a fucktard... Dude, you would get the same effect from a $5 tip on the stock muffler, minus the obnoxious bee-in-a-coke-can noise that makes me want to kill you. Now what I want to know is why the hell would someone drop a buck twenty on an APPEARANCE mod then not another buck on making it into an actual PERFORMANCE mod?

Vinny
08-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by NXRacer
what he's trying to do reminds me of back in the day when putting on a resonator on the back of your stock exhaust made you faster! :rolleyes:

SO I need a resonator and lots of stickers and that'll make my car go faster????????????????????:flip:

NXRacer
08-27-2003, 08:55 AM
nothing wrong with putting money into an appearance mod as apposed to a performance mod. some poepl would rather show then go. but that is the wrong way to go for an appearance mod.

ianman if you want a louder exhaust without spending money and a whole new exhaust system, sell your $120 muffler and get yourself a monza resonator tip. You'll still get flamed for it but at least you wont have spent so much money on it.

deadlight
09-02-2003, 11:14 AM
I'd take it, I can get ahold of some 2.25 piping cheap. I don't like rice thank you very much.