PDA

View Full Version : this is ri-god-damn-diculous

'A20A3'
08-21-2003, 10:57 AM
well, after putting $1100 into my car, it needs about 400-500 more.:mad:

i need 4 tires, rear upper balljoints and control arms, and a alignment.

i got quoted at $237 for replacing the balljoints, including labor. is that a good price?

OR

should i buy the parts off the internet for cheap, and then have them install them?

also, if anyone know a website that has good tires at good prices let me know.(i'm looking to buy 4 Bridgestone Potenzas:D)

MrBen
08-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Nah man just go to the pull a part and get it off a newer 3g, like an 89 in your case. That's what I did and I am still good several months later. If you really want something new, then yeah buy those ones off the internet. But I didn't see the bushings included on those on ebay.

Oh and tell me about it... I've had about $1000 put into my car and now it needs an engine. But hey, everything else is fine lol.

Vinny
08-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I usually do my dream tire shopping at tirerack.com they have a good selection, prices aren't bad and they have a review forum to let ya know what people think of the tires. They have me leaning toward either Yokohoma Avids , Yokohama AVS, or goodyear f1 gs-d3's(111 bucks each) they have the Potenza's for 92 or 11, depending on if its the 750's or 910's in a 205-45-16

shepherd79
08-21-2003, 11:45 AM
i have bridgestone potenza tires on my car right now.
it handles much better than with Kumho tires.

BootMachine
08-21-2003, 12:09 PM
http://www.tiretrends.com (or .ca I cant remember)

You wanna talk to "BOB" or "DOOB" and tell him one of the guys from the OttawaPreludeClub.com told you to go to the site and check out tires!

He will FOR SURE blow your socks off with tire prices....hes a nice guy too!

Aarie$$oul
08-21-2003, 01:01 PM
well my upper ball joints are loose in the front...i was told to replace the axle, it would 150-180 per side. it makes a poppin noise when i turn ..how long do u think i can go without replace them .lol. I got my honda accord for free from my brother but as much as i put in it to have it shipped from florida (wasn't in long distance driving condition), and to have it fixed...i pretty much paid for it! it put like 1300 in it so far and all i have to do is get my ac checked for leaks ( it just blows air) and get my front axles replaced and i'll be done for now.

As far as tires go...it cost me 279 from pepboys. ugh :(

A20A1
08-22-2003, 01:22 AM
Some places will not install parts that you purchase yourself... partly for insurance reasons and because they are usually partnered with some other company that makes the parts.

MoonScryer
08-22-2003, 03:49 AM
Buy the parts through them, let them do the work. Spend the money and don't be cheap. Buy the tires elsewhere.

joebeets
08-22-2003, 04:24 AM
The "rear upper ball joint" is $25 at Auto Zone; typically the whole control arm, $40 online at Express Auto, is replaced though. It appears to be an easy job. I'd buy the parts myself and shop around, trying to pay about $30 per side for the installation. Thus $140 total.