PDA

View Full Version : big day tommorow

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
i have a huge list of things to do tommorow with the car

1. jack the coilovers right up as far as i can for a bit of change

2. install new painted valve cover, taylor spark plug wires, new plugs, and adjust valves...

3. i have NEW high quality RCA wires to install to my 4 channel..

4. im going to clean out the trunk area and make my stereo install a bit cleaner

5. spray rocker guard in the trunk area

6. do some small body work in the back and paint the rest of the
car black

7. make the back seat fold as one piece

8. i am making 6X9 boxes tonight for my rear speakers and then installing them tommorow

9. clean and oil the filter on my weber

10. i might even get around to installing my 5 inch tach with shift light

Travis

cdscowboy
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Good luck :)

What's rocker guard?

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 12:57 PM
its like spray paint, but its thick, and its rubber and its texturized... its adds sound dampening, plus it covers rust and ugly floor

Travis

HostileJava
08-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Why do you want the backseat to fold as one piece? I really don't like that in my coupe, I'd prefer to do one, the other, or both.

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 01:41 PM
i dunno... i never have any people back there... i am gonna put a board with carpet on it over the two seats. then my amps are gonna be mounted to it... then when i flip down the seat, there are my amps and my subs

Travis

Mike89Accordcom
08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
looks like a lot of work. Good luck man. My backseat is one piece.

Vinny
08-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Good luck slick, sounds like your gonna be busy as hell. let me know how it all turns out

3rdGenFanatic
08-21-2003, 09:26 PM
I love days like that, to just come home and drown my worries out by working on my 3rd gen. The little things like that are the things that truly make the car your own. The best of luck to you as well. Only when working on my 3rd gen.. am I truly content. :)

Swan
09-09-2003, 05:58 PM
I feel ya fanatic! I came home from somewhere one day, and I was royally pissed! I mean, nothing could have calmed me down, I was throwing stuff around the house, slamming doors, cussing up a storm (when I was like that, I've changed a lot since then)....and I was like "d*mmit, I'm gonna go wash my car!"... I worked on it for several hours, and when I finally got finished, I was too tired to be mad, so I took a shower and went to bed... best sleep i had had in a loooooooong time....that day, my car had a wash and wax, vacuumed and shampooed, cleaned the wheels even up behind, where the brake dust makes it look bad, and I painted some stuff with chameleon paint (which is mostly changed now to silver) tomorrow, i'm gonna be working on it for a while again... i'm gonna replace the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, and then try to take care of some of the rust spots and dents..... then probably do another wash and wax, wheels and tires, etc... its gonna be about as nice as it can be having as much dents as it does.... its gonna look like I went over the whole thing with a q-tip! VERY detailed... oh, and I may go to the fabric store to grab a few yards of vinyl, and figure out how to put it in my car... i need to cover the dash, and then work my way back what looks good with red? i've got that nasty brown now, and it has GOT to go, unless I can find the perfect way to match it with another color, without going over-board