PDA

View Full Version : What Has 3 Geez Come To?

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Every time I come on this site and read through the posts there will be someone bithin bout new users,(or that outher term you chose to make up so you could be better than them). This site is to learn, so how can you expect some who is new to 3GEEZ to know all the rules?!? I was a member of the original site, Since it has been upgraded there have been more and more assholes on here that think they are the shit, And well you are, you stink for treating people who want to learn more about the cars they love like shit and driving them away! I have a low post count as you will see, But I i'm on the site every night reading every new post. So I can learn. There needs to be a change in the way our more seasoned users treat the new ones who are only doing what every single one of did. Start from the bottom. Acept them the way you were.:wtf:

MrBen
08-21-2003, 04:51 PM
You should read the rules before anything... that is common sense. I did it, and I wasn't harrassed much. I agree there are some assholes on here, but there isn't much that can be done about it. It's the internet, and you can't control everything. Maybe you should learn to accept us the way we are...

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Will all who were members before, on the first site please come forth to tell people who didn't know the old accord site how good the moral was

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 05:02 PM
i am the shit man...

Travis

A Dawg Jr
08-21-2003, 05:02 PM
it's a forum man. Don't worry about it.

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Just go and read it. If everyone new it by heart then I would not have started this thread.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-21-2003, 05:14 PM
What is the whole point of this thread and what are you trying to accomplish? This is actually one of the Civil boards I have been too.. Maybe that's why former 86-89 Accord owner's keep coming back.

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 05:25 PM
this board is fuckin awesome... i think this thread was started to create some more fighting... if not intentionaly, it was in the back of his head when he made this thread

Travis

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 05:30 PM
Then if people dont like fighting or bitching or whatever then dont say mean shit to people just cause they post a question you may have already seen. This is all i'm saying. IS this or is it not a fair thing to point out?

dXsquared
08-21-2003, 05:31 PM
it has been pointed out many times.. this thread is usueless.. did you actually think something good would become of it??

Trvais

ghost_ny
08-21-2003, 05:33 PM
ITS TRUE THAT EVERYONE SHOULD READ THE RULES BEFORE THEY DO ANYTHING. BUT PEOPLE DONT ALWAYS LOOK, AND IN TURN OTHER MEMBERS GET MAD AT THEM WHEN IN REALITY THEY USED TO DO THE EXACT SAME THING. SO I REALLY THINK THAT EVERYONE THAT FEELS THE WAY YOU DO, SHOULD LIGHTEN UP. YES EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION BUT WITH TIME AND STUDY COME KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM. SO LET THESE SO CALLED NEWBIES MAKE THEIR MISTAKES. DONT JUST GET ANGRY. WE ALL SHOULD HELP THEM GAIN PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF THESE CARS, RATHER THAN PUSH THEM AWAY. BECAUSE IT IS POSSIBLE THAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THEM TOO.

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 05:38 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone cared about the thoughts of others users, I have posted questions that were not even looked much let alone aswered, must likely cause I am a still a newbie due to my post count. But i joined a long time ago

ghost_ny
08-21-2003, 05:39 PM
WELL WE DO CARE

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I think most posts fights are jokes.. Just something to do to kill time..I just finish ripping Dxhatchback a new asshole in the Racing Section.Now he probably will write one back. Do you really care what some dude from another state cares.. But I do Understand your where you are coming from! Just as long as the Important sections on this board are kept crap free, we're Good!

88fasthatch
08-21-2003, 06:04 PM
new users get called names like.....noob.....newbie. and on top of it sometimes asshole or stupid....I could go on but I will stop here with ranting in my post I hope some people will just lightin up a bit. thats all. thanks for listening.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Hmmmm, what to say, what to say,.............................................. ..................... Oh.

Assholeism is bad and when you develope a history of it, you get watched more offten for member conduct rules violations. Translation, sooner or latter your day will come, and chances are, you helped yourself into it.

We all know what bugs use, but we all know how to treat people right. It's all to easy to just yell at someone vs the extra work of nicely helping someone.

I am a original member from the very first board.

Low Tek
08-21-2003, 09:45 PM
this board USED to be cool, but I have watched and seen many people, mostly newbies come and piss on peolpe... I don't know why, but then I have seen seen some of the locals come and treat newbies like shit too...

not cool... this board is to learn, and to unite as 1 in the world of 3g's and to show everyone else that we the underdog shall have the day and that our 2.0 SOC can do just as much...

yee haw lol

hondamanlxi
08-22-2003, 12:37 PM
There's gonna be confrontation on any forum! My freind is a jbody member and they go thru the same stuff.....POINT: if you get all kinds of people together, their not always gonna be in the best mood and get along! Just yesterday i blew up for little-to-no reason on smufman!

ps: i remember the crappy old sleazy board days! Look how far we've came!

hondamanlxi
08-22-2003, 12:43 PM
one more thing....

3geez is the only support any of us have for our cars! We all (inc me) need to suck-it-up and make the best of it! If 3GEEZ.COM goes away WERE ALL F*CKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

87accord
08-22-2003, 10:55 PM
Ya those were the days.... I was also On the very first board that had about 100ish users. I mean come on my screen name says it all! lol:eek:
But i am no post whore:D

How it has changed...

od2681
08-22-2003, 11:11 PM
hey wasnt there a post aobut this website comin to only off topic and market place....
well i dont know whre it is so ill answer here..cuzz the question kinda says it all....
yeah i havent seen anytini new on this site...mostly stuff aobut market place and people getin rid of hteir 3gees....
i dont see any good news for 3gees anymore...what has this world come too

lanman024
08-23-2003, 05:03 AM
I have to agree with 88fasthatch somewhat because i am on here every night faithfullt trying to learn more..... WHY you ask
I LOVE MY 3 Gee, so in reality we should all be stoked we have such a wonderful thing going on.

lanman024
08-23-2003, 05:05 AM
ohh and by the way mad props to everyone posting and helping out. I know i am a newbie but i feel this site would improve alot more if people felt like putting up more threads 'cause I know everyone loves there 3 Gee.

88LX-iSedan
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
All i can say is.. I'm with 88fasthatch

fuzzy audio
08-23-2003, 11:59 AM
You know, I work for a computer based forum, and I have to say, this is by far better than that place because people are coming here to learn. A lot of the regulars go there to be right and pick fights with people that are new, and old. And yeah, a lot of people don't read the rules, and a lot of people don't follow the rules, but it's keeping 3rd Gen accords alive. And that's pretty fucking cool.

So Thanks for all of you who have welcomed me here. This board kicks ass!

3rdGenFanatic
08-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Penis.

DeathRat
08-24-2003, 08:33 AM
As a "Noob" here I feel this is one of the better forums on the net. I've ran my own forums for the last 7 years too. Sure you gonna get some arseholes, that's a fact! The job of the Mods & Admin are to deal with these critters not the general members. Why not let the Mods & Admins deal with this & let them do their jobs to enforce any rules that are in place. As for the general treatment of "Noobs" here, well I haven't been treated badly yet. In fact, it's nice to get directed to the info I need. Most forums either just ignore your question or just bitch about the topic being re-asked yet again! I feel most users SHOULD use the search button more than they do!
Just my $0.02

Dibbs
08-25-2003, 09:18 AM
Justin invited me to this board from another Honda web board in late 2000. I've changed my screen name a couple of times, because I travel for long periods due to my job. I usuall would change my handle as he site addresses changed and yes I was informed how that was not a good idea.

Anyway, when I came back this time, I certainly noticed a change in the way new members were treated. Back then, newbies were greeted as opposed to being trashed for asking simple questions. In fact, things like swearing in threads other than the off topic section were strongly discouraged. People were more aimed at working toward a common goal for projects instead of members pimpin' themselves as to how much they knew about our cars (which in many cases are the ONLY cars they know about).

There is no doubt this board has changed over the past 3 years. I wouldn't say for the worse though. The How To sections is so informative that members really don't need to post at all to get the info they need for their given question.

I think that if people on this board have problems with members calling out newbies for asking simple questions, they should just ignore the post and move on. I think this is the most effective way of making these members feel that they have wasted their time. I mean, the mere thought of said Newbie Basher realizing that they could have better spent their time with their brand new Akira Special Edition Widescreen DVD (or any other new piece of Japaimation), makes them queasy as they're reading this thread.
:barf:

89AccordHatch
08-25-2003, 02:27 PM
iv never had a problem...everyones has been great help. im happy to have found this place. thanks all.

Coroncho80
08-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Danm, I never seen so many Noobies gather in the same place at the same time! hahahaha

This thread should be called ............. " All noobies, please post whore in here!"

blazin3gen
08-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Coroncho80
Danm, I never seen so many Noobies gather in the same place at the same time! hahahaha

LMAO!!!:lol

zero.counter
08-26-2003, 06:30 PM
In order to be old and wise, you have to have been young and stupid.

3G Jester
08-27-2003, 12:07 AM
1st off..i love this board!!! its the bestest....and would give me a hardon if its members wernt all guys :D

2ndly....n00bs only get shit for doing dumb shit like posting questions tyhat have been posted a million times....asking things like turbo, body kits, altezzas and such. when n00bs learn how to search and use faq life will be more plesent for them...

till thjen flamming will always occour...and the board will never give me a bonner as much as i love it...cause like i said...its practically all guys ...

-j

Dibbs
08-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by 3g Jester
1st off..i love this board!!! its the bestest....and would give me a hardon if its members wernt all guys :D

2ndly....n00bs only get shit for doing dumb shit like posting questions tyhat have been posted a million times....asking things like turbo, body kits, altezzas and such. when n00bs learn how to search and use faq life will be more plesent for them...
-j

Thank you Captain Obvious!;)