PDA

View Full Version : koni shocks... where to buy??

modu03
08-23-2003, 02:36 AM
just wanted to see if anyone can tell me, where is a good place to buy the koni's... or, what other shocks will work well with coil overs...

also, what other car models shocks would fit in a 3g... I here that the 88-95 shocks fit??? what about 90-93 accord... I know the preloaded coilovers won't fit, but what about just the shock???

please help.

smufguy
08-23-2003, 10:00 AM
shox.com dont have koni's anymore. I mean brand new Konis i mean. I got the ast brand new set from them couple of weeks back. U can bet ur chance from tirerack.com and they sell them for 107 each and shipping is not included in em. So ur pretty much gonna spend around 450 or more fully shipped. anywho. U can get blisteins that are made for oru car and get the springs u want, get the spring rates on the front and rear, send it back to bliestien and get it revalved according to the spring rates.

I would not recommend coil overs for ur daily driver unless u wanna have a cool ass non purposeful low look. I hate coil overs due to the fact they cost my left scrotum, and talking to JIm and finding out Progress group progressive springs are the best bang for ur buck. Firm yet nice handling in corners and they are a perfect marriage bwt konis and progress. But do know u need a camber adjustment kit or a 2nd gen lude upper control arms for it.

Vinny
08-23-2003, 06:39 PM
tirerack.com advertises them as still in stock, check there

mykwikcoupe
08-24-2003, 08:38 PM
I got mine last week and although they didnt say how many they had left I would imagine a few of at least i would hope. total cost inccluding shipping was 444.91 and then its off to have them modified by koni so there another few hundred. Mike

smufguy
08-25-2003, 06:51 AM
why would u wanna send it to koni for modification? U revalving it?

mykwikcoupe
08-25-2003, 07:26 AM
I am having them revalved, shortened 1 in and getting them externally valved also. I am getting them shortened because i am currently down 2.5 inches and that is about the limitations of these struts. Besides if you wanna go go big right.