PDA

View Full Version : F22B1 engine swap???????????

one sweet 88 accord
08-23-2003, 03:08 AM
:werd: hey guys i was just thinking of swapping the F22 in my car instead of going with a B series engine. The only reason that i am probably going with this swap is because funds are kind oflow at the moment and my boy has a 1997 accord EX vtec in a 5spd that he is getting rid of and he wants to sell it to me but i love my 88 accord so wut i am doing is swapping the F22B1 (145hp) into my baby wut do u guys think?????:wtf: :smokin:

shepherd79
08-23-2003, 04:08 AM
ohhhh, no one makes the mounts for F and H series enignes for our cars.
you will have to make everything from scratch.
Plus why would you want F series engine. you won't gaine much, may be 10-20 hp.
oh yeah, one more thing. you have DX model and it is carburator motor. you will have to convert to EFI before you do any swap.

one sweet 88 accord
08-23-2003, 11:15 AM
how will i have to convert the A20A1 into an EFI if im just gonna get rid of that engine and swap the F or H series?? anyway i know that i have to make mounts and wut not but it will be worth it and the reason i might go with the F series is because i dont have that much money rite now for a $3,000 engine swap

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by one sweet 88 accord
how will i have to convert the A20A1 into an EFI if im just gonna get rid of that engine and swap the F or H series?? anyway i know that i have to make mounts and wut not but it will be worth it and the reason i might go with the F series is because i dont have that much money rite now for a $3,000 engine swap

How do you plan to make that engine run?

toastyghost
08-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by one sweet 88 accord
how will i have to convert the A20A1 into an EFI if im just gonna get rid of that engine and swap the F or H series??
You have to convert your car to EFI, not your motor. There are fuel system parts that are not in the engine bay.

anyway i know that i have to make mounts and wut not but it will be worth it and the reason i might go with the F series is because i dont have that much money rite now for a $3,000 engine swap
The custom work is going to cost as much as or more than the swap kit itself. If you think $3k is a lot, this swap is not for you. The only way it's worth it is with an H-series.

My advice on this is stay away from more involved stuff like this unless you have an assload of cash because your understanding of the topic seems limited. I am not bashing you, just trying to keep you from getting into something over your head.

AccordEpicenter
08-24-2003, 03:20 PM
yeah... im still lost... why would you want to do that? There isnt a hella lot more support for that engine then there is our a20 and they arent as durable... If you were gonna go thru all that trouble... damn id just put in a b18c5

toastyghost
08-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Personally, I'd rather beef up a B20A. But that's a personal preference and doesn't change the fact that the easiest swaps are obviously B-series.

smufguy
08-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by AccordEpicenter
yeah... im still lost... why would you want to do that? There isnt a hella lot more support for that engine then there is our a20 and they arent as durable... If you were gonna go thru all that trouble... damn id just put in a b18c5

there are a lot of aftermarket support for a 4th gen. turbo manifolds, lot of suspension upgrades, engine stuff, pumps, anything u can come up with including adjustable cam gears are available for our 4th gen and they are priced a lot cheaper than our 3g parts.

NOTE: As everyone would tell u, the F22 and the H22 use the same mounting pattern for the engine so H22 would be a much wiser choice. but with 3K bux, u aint goin anywhere.

toastyghost
08-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Obviously there is more aftermarket for a 4g, BECAUSE IT'S A 4G

And like I said, 3 grand ain't doing you shit on H/F swap for a 3g.