PDA

View Full Version : 3G hatch race car

95AccordEXR
08-23-2003, 07:29 AM
I thought this was pretty neat. hope you like.

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2001.jpg

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2002.jpg

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2003.jpg

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2004.jpg

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2005.jpg

http://www.mosesgoat.com/photos/accords/accord%20racer%2006.jpg

johndej
08-23-2003, 07:40 AM
damn, that looks pritty good. i bet that is a bad ass road racer.

NOAHS88accord
08-23-2003, 07:41 AM
more weight reduction

dXsquared
08-23-2003, 08:42 AM
i bet thats the 10th time someone has posted that car

Travis

A20A1
08-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Where did you find it?

MIK3
08-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Those rims make it look BMW. But I don't know...it's just not my type of eye candy.

95AccordEXR
08-23-2003, 01:19 PM
it was only on eBay last week or so...

someone has more pics of it?

A20A1
08-24-2003, 12:54 AM
I doubt it...

But iff there is a thread then whoever saw it should post a link here.

anyways I have a lot of respect for people with rollcages and Hoosier tire decals on the side of the car. :D

2old_honda
08-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MIK3_DX_STYLE
Those rims make it look BMW. But I don't know...it's just not my type of eye candy.

he probably chose them because they were cheap and light. 18" chrome wheels are not the ideal choice when racing.

89HatchAzn
08-28-2003, 12:00 AM
That guy is my shop teacher. It's nothing too special...Costume cold air intake and headers. That is about it. Oh...lots of suspension work. The season is over for racing for him. Yeah...it is funny cause I asked him for the pictures today to post....but I've see that someone already has them. Anyways...is from Colorado. I'm goin' to find out more about the car...and will post more pictures of his car.

markmdz89hatch
08-28-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by 89HatchAzn
That guy is my shop teacher. It's nothing too special...Costume cold air intake and headers. That is about it. Oh...lots of suspension work. The season is over for racing for him. Yeah...it is funny cause I asked him for the pictures today to post....but I've see that someone already has them. Anyways...is from Colorado. I'm goin' to find out more about the car...and will post more pictures of his car.

SWEET! You gotta have your shop teaher join 3GEEZ. This way we'll learn his suspension tricks and maybe he'll get some ideas about performance. Either way, it'll be a little more incentive for him to keep it rather then sell it as he tried already via eBay.

A20A1
08-28-2003, 12:40 PM
He's got an oil cooler and filter relocation kit which is useful...

Vinny
08-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
SWEET! You gotta have your shop teaher join 3GEEZ. This way we'll learn his suspension tricks and maybe he'll get some ideas about performance. Either way, it'll be a little more incentive for him to keep it rather then sell it as he tried already via eBay. :werd: I bet he could teach us a thing or 2 about a thing or 2

A Dawg Jr
08-28-2003, 04:40 PM
colorado eh?

HondaBoy
08-28-2003, 08:42 PM
hmm, those do look like BMW rims. like off the 3 series. i saw 2 pairs of those at the junkyard. now that i see they look pretty cool on the 3gee, i maybe go get them. if my tiny center cap or dust cap thing would fit that hole. and gotta see the offset and other stuff. im trying to find another 3gee for realy cheap here. i wanna make it raced out looking. like have a whole theme to it, like a castrol accord. maybe in silver, with some nice graphics on the windows and on the car clear coated. that would be cool. kinda got the idea from a supra from one of my games.

Coroncho80
08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
Cool hatch, i guess. But one question. Why all that cage work and suspension if I only see a custome CAI and headers. I had that on my Sei and it wasn't that fast for the need of a Roll cage.

ITRacer
09-04-2003, 06:59 PM
I just joined 3Geez after hearing that my car was on the web-site from one of my students. It is built for SCCA IT rules. I ran two races this year in ITB and then the SCCA inspectors found I should have been in ITA. Oh-well, I actually placed higher in ITA in my last race losing only to a Acura Intergra that is quick and is the Colorado/Rocky Mtn. Champion. The car does OK in performance, but I am looking for some internal engine hope-up parts. I am also looking to install a lower final drive ratio, closer gear spacing and a better limited slip differential. I have fun with the spec Miata's and the BMW's

The car has inverted coil-overs, larger anti-roll bars and a camber kit. The cage, seat & 5-point belts are SCCA required. I run the BMW wheels, good, light, inexpensive and are 6" wide.

This is the first Honda ever owned and I am impressed at how tough these cars are especially diving into a turn at 80-85 mph, jumping on the brakes and powering out. I don't passed in the turns unless it is a high dollar car that is in a different class.
Any leads with the engine and trans parts would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help;

ITracer

markmdz89hatch
09-04-2003, 07:24 PM
ITR,

First, WELCOME TO THE BOARD. If you check out the technical, and performance sections, you'll see how endless the possibilities really are for your car. To extract just a little more power out of the car without opening up the engine, you could do a few little things. Ignition system (ignition, coil, plugs, wires, etc.), tweaking the timing a little, possibly a metal CAI rather then the corugated one currently on there. Not too sure of all mods that you already have, but there's always more to be done. Def. also check out the EFI TEch section in the Technical forum, and you'll find all sorts of tweaking goodies.

Once again, welcome, and please feel free to stay a while. Your car has been the envy of a number of members here.

guaynabo89
09-04-2003, 07:44 PM
the 86-87 Prelude si's tranny will bolt right up to your motor and have slightly shorter gearing.

The gears from a 86-89 integra will wok in the Accord tranny and have shorter gears than the prelude.

As far as internals....all I can think of is a p&p head and higher comp pistons, camshaft and such.

I'm pretty sure you're limited to do certain things in certain classes though.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by markmdz89hatch
SWEET! You gotta have your shop teaher join 3GEEZ. This way we'll learn his suspension tricks and maybe he'll get some ideas about performance. Either way, it'll be a little more incentive for him to keep it rather then sell it as he tried already via eBay.

The special coilovers he's runnning have been discontinued, OPMmotorsports used to carry them.

Am curious what larger sway bar's he's running, Suspension Technique's, Addco, Custom Sanner prefab unit's or someone else's custom bend?

Busted_Blue
09-11-2003, 01:35 PM
wonder what kind of internals that car has...?

k-roy
10-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Any leads with the engine and trans parts would be appreciated.
ITracer [/B][/QUOTE]

Talk to sean, he has the hookup on forged higher compression pistons and eagle rods. As for a lsd you can use an early Integra tranny with an aftermarket lsd. Check out the howto section.

wprocomp
10-23-2003, 02:05 PM
wow nice car...I am hoping to have my car track ready one day but its the daily driver for now...what kind of limits does does the ITA class have on horsepower,weight etc.?

Project-LXi
10-23-2003, 02:13 PM
If turbos are ITA / SCCA legal, you should go that route, I believe Sean (thats his user name too) is making A20 turbo kits and DIS kits now, you should talk to him about upgrading turbo or not. good luck!

PogiLXI
10-23-2003, 05:30 PM
I wonder if his DIS System would help for this application? maybe Able to tweek the Spark timming Easyer and stuff? i dont know. but hell yah! TURBO! then no one can touch you.

ITRacer
10-23-2003, 06:47 PM
You are not allowed a turbo in ITA. The legal engine modifications are very few. These include port matching the head to the intake and it cannot exceed one inch. Racing camshafts are not allowed. Some guys play with the ECU, fuel curve, etc. I probably will install a MSD system as I have one lying around.

Thanks for the interest.

PogiLXI
10-23-2003, 07:40 PM
I would upgrade the Spark and the Fuel, and run a Scoop and intake into the hood. get as much Air and Fuel and Hellatious spark. Wouldnt it be better to run rich for this????

Justin86
10-24-2003, 01:53 PM
So he could do a b-series intake swap, and some higher compression pistons.

myaccord7
10-24-2003, 09:31 PM
it doesnt need PS, AC, CC, any of that under the hood.

zach

k-roy
10-24-2003, 09:51 PM
I have done some studying on SCCA racing and they are strict as hell on regulations. Very few motor swaps are allowed.
Here is a short list of things you can do to be competitive.
Shave as much weight as possible. If its not nessisary take it out.
Fuel cell - A must for safety.
Get the absolute best brakes and suspension components you can afford.
Front brake venting.
Full roll cage
Very little engine mods are allowed, the are very strict about this.
Mild head job.
Port match the intake.
Cold air intake.
Header and free flowing exaughst.
Lightweight wheels
Good tires are a must, street Yoko's will not cut it.
Tune it to the most strict tolerances possible, use a dyno.

Since my 3g is a beater I just may have to convert it for racing. But that would put a damper on my other project, a NHRA Pro Street Dodge Ram 50.

BMS
10-24-2003, 10:05 PM
I wish that I had a second car to drive while I screw with my 3g. There are so many things that I wanna do...but need a second car to drive first.

A20A1
11-06-2003, 05:36 PM
That blows... I don't know what I would do without my racing cam. :(

slammedLXI
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
yah those beemer wheels. hahaha ghetto intake!

Lt99
11-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Nice ...

PogiLXI
11-08-2003, 11:56 AM
hmmm, would one of those doubled up E-Rams work???? I havent read the Specifics on it. but it gives you like 1psi of boost, and double it up gives ur 1.5. that would help commin out of those Corners. Check out the Big brake AEM kit, Theres a thread on here about it. im sure you can Fabriacate, and I think there are only a few parts to be done to get the kit on.

3G Jester
11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
i dont think a b series intake would be legal. too bad they cant use turbos. one of johnny o's 35 pounders would make that bitch fllyyyyyyy

anyway. welcome to the board ITR! its great to have another pro class 3g driver on here! [not me included]

PortugalFocus
11-08-2003, 06:25 PM
that car loks great......

like someone states earlier, more weight reduction there is probly at least 75lbs in there... I saw glass, door panels and a dash.....

lose them, congrats on the car, it looks superb!!!!!

3G Jester
11-08-2003, 06:30 PM
haha johnny o has an 11.1 drag racer........he still has like 70 % of his original dash. nothing behind it.....original gauge pod...with speedo and in place of the tach and temp gauge he put in two new gauges but in the places of the originals so it still looks awsome. hes even got half of his carpeting and door pannels haha plus roof and dome light. its soooo awsome. 11.1 sec :super:

Mike's89AccordLX
11-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Damn that is a killer car! I might have to convert my 89 into a racer (not that it isn't already... ) and I can drive my 91 lude si while I'm fixing the accord up. I'll race both cars but the lude will always be faster.

3G Jester
11-08-2003, 08:02 PM
i found something deffinatly old skool in reference to the age of the board [3geez.com not the 3g community--ez board, Automotive Forums]

but this thread made me think of it.....

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1408

zero.counter
11-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Looks cool! Race on my man :)

HaccordR89
11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
where in colorado are from and what school do you teach at?

ITRacer
11-26-2003, 05:26 AM
Sounds like a nice car!.I live in Aurora, I am a full time tech trainer for Subaru and instruct part time at Picken's Tech also in Aurora.

Thanks for the interest,

ITRacer