PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding!!!

wallacefan
08-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Ok let me start by saying I need help deciding what to do.

Two years ago I bought an 89 accord lxi red in color ove the car put money into the car for a daily driver to and from work
new axle shafts newer engine(86k) and matching tranny struts exhaust and so on. But the body is bas rusted door are bad trunk where the lights bolt on for the license plate gone.

Then i came across a 89 dx 4 door for parts for $350
bought it for parts found out it runs needed a radiator and now an alternator. interior spotless but doesnt match my lxi in color or amount of doors

Now i come across an 89 lxi teal in color 2 door exactly like mine same interior color 5 speed the car runs the doors arent like new no rust the trunk is like new no rust the qtrs no rust the hood is mangled and the front grill stuff is gone the undercarriage looks good not sure how much of everything works rear defroster cruise heat and air he wants $225 the car has 244k on it

what should I do!!!!

shepherd79
08-23-2003, 06:27 PM
go with LXI.
if you still have your old LXI you will have a parts car. 244K on the motor, HA, i have 287K on the motor and it still runs like new.

3rdGenFanatic
08-23-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm with Shepherd on this one.

wallacefan
08-24-2003, 04:47 PM
which lxi?
the red one that the body is bad? which means move all the body parts over from the teal one

or the teal one which means i should move all th enew parts like axle shafts engine tranny struts etc

RustyHo88
08-24-2003, 05:09 PM
well, which one are you better at doing? body work or engine work? personally, i would get the one with the nice body, since our cars have uni-body frames and in some cases are impossible to repair. in your first post, you said the 89 was a dx, and therefore a carb model, not efi... but your second post you said you had 2 lxi's to choose from? if i were you, id just buy both of them. they are both cheap, and while you will have a LOT of junk around, once you have one GOOD car put together and maybe some parts you want to keep, you can just junk the other two.

zero.counter
08-24-2003, 05:10 PM
I would keep the red LXI and move over the body parts. Its much easier than moving suspension/engine/electrical (mechanical) parts.

wallacefan
08-25-2003, 06:22 AM
Too late the teal one was sold already

but i still have the dx 4 door

what body parts will work on my 2 door lxi?

doors? hood trunk?