PDA

View Full Version : wiring?

Neuspeed007
08-25-2003, 08:16 AM
my subs just went out, and the radio is still working. its a 350wtt amp MtX powering 3 10" MtX subs, it just went out but then like 30 min later it was working again, then its out. does this mean i have a short circuit in my amp wires?

NOAHS88accord
08-25-2003, 08:23 AM
thermal or short circuit cutoff. Basically most amps if they get too hot, or if they sense a short in the wiring will shut themselves off for a determined amount of time, or until the problem is fixed,

where is your amp installed?
is there clearance for air circulation around it?
what size wiring are you using?
what size fuse?

shepherd79
08-25-2003, 09:33 AM
where is your gain setting set at?
how far did you turn your gain?

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:23 AM
NOAH i just looked in my box and one of my left amps got unplugged, so do u think the amp turned itself off for the amount of time ur talking about.

i plugged them back in and ity still doesnt work, the light on the amp doesnt even turn on

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:24 AM
i turned my gain so the bass was deeper, but that was after i fond out that one of my subs came unplugged in the back, probably from a speedbump or something, but now my new problem, has its own thread above this or below, but the amp doesnt even turn on , but there was another sub unplugged so i thought i fixed it again but i was wrong

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:26 AM
NOAH

fuse 30
my amp is on the back of my backseat, and i have the seat up everywehere i go so prob not to much circulation
i cant tell u waht kind of wiring cause i dont know, it was expensive though.... :crying:

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:27 AM
my fuses arent dead on my amp either so why wont my amp light up and work ...im worried

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:38 AM
i just checked the ground, its fine

Bloodlust
08-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Check your remote ground from your headunit to your amp. That is what it sounds like to me.

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:52 AM
in back of the headunit? how do i check it and what do i look for?

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:54 AM
the wiring goes under my car burried under the car seats.. then pops up and connects to the amp, kinda tuff, but i checked the amp ground wire, and its fine..obviously something isnt working for the amp to not turn on, do u think it is possible i fried the inside

NOAHS88accord
08-26-2003, 12:29 PM
is there a fuse near the battery for the power cable to amp?
is your remote turn on wire (usually blue that comes out the back of head unit) connections still good?
did you do the smell test like I said in your other thread?
mounted on the back of the back seat is okay that is where most of my electronics are mounted.
check connections of wires on the actual amp?
hit me back

Neuspeed007
08-27-2003, 07:53 AM
aight here it is, i checked all wires including the blue one, all connections to the amp are fine.

there is a fuse near the battery ( - ) (do u think that blew)

i did the smell test and no there is no smell at all.

Vinny
08-27-2003, 08:01 AM
If theres a fuse comming off the battery terminal than that probably goes to your amp. Check that one and see if its blown. If you have a multimeter you maight want to check ther connections at the amp. Make sure you have a good ground for the meter. You should have 10-14 volts give or take on the power comming in. You should also have power (not sure how much) comming in from your remote turn on lead(blue wire off the radio) with the radio on. Aslo ohm out your ground wire to make sure it has low resistance.