PDA

View Full Version : Front driver's seat swap

tea102
06-15-2002, 06:14 AM
The stock Accord seats are not very comfy especially on long rides. I was considering selling mine for this reason but I really like the rest of the car. I had some spare time on Tuesday and did the junkyard stroll for a driver's seat swap. The one I found that matches up the best and is very comfortable is out of an 88 Celica GT.
This seat has lumbar, backrest, and seat adjustments. It is softer and much more supportive than the Accord seat as well. 3 out of 4 hold down brackets from the Celica seat can be used with little modification. The front 2 brackets just need to have holes drilled and relocated and the rear right bracket needs to be removed, turned upsidedown, and drilled for new holes. The rear left bracket is fine as is. The front left side bracket will need a small support underneath it, I used a small cut from a 2x4.
The Celica seat sits alot lower so this mod is more suited for taller drivers.
I am definitely going to keep the Accord now with mod. Toyotas do have their uses!

TC
'88 LXI Hatch

Jims 86LXI HB
06-15-2002, 06:56 AM
Thanks man, I've known their 7-way adjustable sports seats out of the mr-2's and corrola gt's rock, I didn't think about celica's.

accordlx
06-15-2002, 07:16 AM
Front seat swaps are a good idea. I personally did this from a Mazda 626 GT and would never go back to stock unless I was selling the car and the buyer requested it.

BoredRec
06-15-2002, 10:46 AM
You should post a pic so we can see how it turned out.

accordlx
06-15-2002, 01:03 PM
http://home.insight.rr.com/mccorvey1/Picture_200.jpg

http://home.insight.rr.com/mccorvey1/Picture_4.jpg

87accordlx
06-15-2002, 01:44 PM
i will prolly swap the seats out of mine soon, i got a 1 hour each way drive to collage in september, i'll see how it is, i will have to find seats that match in colour though, i don't want them to look out of place

pimp86LX
06-15-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlx
i will prolly swap the seats out of mine soon, i got a 1 hour each way drive to collage in september, i'll see how it is, i will have to find seats that match in colour though, i don't want them to look out of place

i had the same situation,an hour to school i mean. I had a little crap goto car i drove and now i have minor back problems, swap them seats!:stick:

89accordlxi
06-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Hey Accordlx, Is that a stock front center arm rest??? I have been interested in getting one for a long time but never knew if there was such a thing. If not stock then what did you get it out of?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;;

accordlx
06-16-2002, 06:58 AM
That is a correct 3g arm rest. It is the only one I have ever come across in the junkyard that is burgundy. It was in perfect condition in an otherwise totally destroyed and stripped car. I also have the cassette holder in OEM burgundy that was attached to it when I found it. I had a tan set just like it but left it at the junkyard. (one of my less swift moves) Needless to say that when I went back after it, it was gone.

Oh BTW, I dont think my seats really look all that bad as a match to the rest of my car. Those are the colors of the college I went to, (Ohio State) scarlet and gray.

well. sorta anyways