PDA

View Full Version : Air fuel gauge installation question

G Man89
08-26-2003, 05:53 AM
First off, I'm thinking of get a Autometer air fuel gauge, and I'm alittle confused about install one. I've read in another thread that you connect the O2 wire directly to the purple guage wire and nothing else. My car is FI, and my question is; if I connect the O2 wire directly to the purple guage wire and nothing else how would I keep the ecu from think the O2 sensor is disconnected?

smufguy
08-26-2003, 06:23 AM
just branch it from the O2 sensor wire.

NOTE: I aint a guru on these A/F gauge installation, i was just tryin to help :D

yaxley
08-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Run the purple wire all the way to where the o2 sencer is use an inline splice you can get then at any car shop. You put the inline splice on the black wire from the o2 sencer then you slip the purple wire into the other hole on the splice grab some plyers and crush the metal peice into it (you will understand when you see the splices)this way you dont have to disconect the o2sencer. next conect the black wire from the air fuel gauge to a good ground and conect the red wire to a good switched power source(meaning a power source that turns off when you turn you car off) now your done enjoy

G Man89
08-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Would it matter which of the two O2 sensors I use?

smufguy
08-26-2003, 06:56 PM
i dont think it should matter which one u use, but its advised u use the first primary, that is the O2 sensor on the exhaust tube from the 1st and 4th cylinder, but again, it should not matter.