PDA

View Full Version : please help

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:18 AM
my amp light isnt on anymore and my subs arent working, is my amp finally dead? it was only 350wtts and there were 3 subs that it powered for a long long time. like a year and a half. and i bump, so any suggestions, please post, cause im sad

NOAHS88accord
08-26-2003, 11:21 AM
this could be hundred of reasons, blown inline fuse, blown fuse in amp, bad ground, bad connection at battery or amp, there is so many things it oculd be, best thing to do is check ground cable, then check fuses, then get a voltmeter and see if any power is going through power cable, then if you got anymore questions hit me up.

or email me
[email protected]

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:28 AM
i hit u up in the other thread.. where is the inline fuse?

Bloodlust
08-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Check your remote ground from your head unit because that is what turns your amp on. I had the same problem that it turned out that it was disconnected. If it isnt that it could be a lot of reasons. Like the post before me, check your fuses and power wires and grounds. If all that checks out the amp just might be fried. I am selling a 300 watt Kenwood that the switches are broken off but they can be switched with a screwdriver. I am selling it really cheap along with a Kenwood 250 watt that the same thing happened to. The switches broke off of them because the subs actually rattled them off but they work great. If interested PM me.

(What I mean by switches is the switch that controls whether it is HP, LP, All, Ect. The gain switches are still intact. The amps are in excellent condition except for those flaws which are really not important because you dont have to change them all the time you know?

NOAHS88accord
08-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Neuspeed007
i hit u up in the other thread.. where is the inline fuse?

which other thread?

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 11:43 AM
i mean the thread is called wiring

NOAHS88accord
08-26-2003, 12:04 PM
alright i see it.