PDA

View Full Version : 90-91 Integra Bumper Cover Crappy idea

MastaBlasta
08-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Well folks

I went and bought a 90-91 integra front bumper cover from certi fit.

Turns out that the top mounting screws dont match up. only the middle one.

Theres gonna be more work than just shaving the middle section out with a dremel. Itll take shaving on the backside of it where the wind blows through theres lots of stuff restricting it. So screw it. I dont wanna put in hours of labor for 95 % of the same look. I dont really look forward to buying new parking lenses either. Oh yeah and the foam that was on my original bumper doesnt fit right inside the teg bumper either so thats some more change from my wallet.

from what i can tell even drilling holes wont work cause theres only tabs that come out from the bumper where theyre supposed to mount up.

I just loaded the bumper back in my car and i'm heading back to get an 88 accord bumper cover. Since mine has been painted 3 or 4 times and plastic filled to hell.

Wish i had some pictures to show ya, but this job is for the patient

good luck to everyone else

hondamanlxi
08-26-2003, 12:23 PM
it seems your the only one thats had that problem!

HostileJava
08-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Maybe cause he's using a stock bumper? The aftermarket one I bought doesn't have holes, you just drill them yourself wherever you need them.

MastaBlasta
08-26-2003, 03:04 PM
Hell if I know i just know it wasnt worth it to me, but im no pro. I know this, that i've gone through this site from top to bottom. and no one has shown a how to for it. and no one has been completely sure. Im tellin ya this. If you do try it, youll be in for some labor

MastaBlasta
08-26-2003, 03:06 PM
the one i had just had tabs with holes in the bumper, in the wrong spots, so i guess i coulda drilled holes into the support member, but i also ran into the problem when pushing it back to try to line up the holes there was something stopping it from pushing back all the way too

im just trying to get it into good enough shape for a trade in. I love the interior and how it drives, but the car has been a big waste of my time, too much trouble, when i could go buy another at the swap meet for 7 or 800 bucks

yaxley
08-26-2003, 03:44 PM
did you try using the bumper rebar from the integra thats what I did with my 87 integra bumper and it worked fine.

MastaBlasta
08-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Nah the only thing i bought was the cover, which was cheap as hell i might add, at only 35.75 i got it all back together now, its lookin alright stock. just gotta finish primin it and paint it white and take the torch to a few spots that need some bendin where the previous owner ran over a curb.

Oh yeah i had the problem of the evil sagging bumper too...

fixed that, the rebar, i guess its called, not sure, but the thing that sits right behind my bumper was movin up and down and the 4 screws that hold it were tightened down all the way so i took a bolt to the underside of it in the hole underneath the parking lights about 3 inches long, wrenched it down and it forced it to stay up

I have put a lot of work into this car considering i only used a block sander, since that was all i had. Lots of sweat and spray paint.

Prolly head up to Earl Sheib or whatever and get it painted and get rid of it.

Maybe ill find a sucker to buy it for as much as i did