PDA

View Full Version : question for amp guys

Neuspeed007
08-26-2003, 12:05 PM
can i take apart the amp? and see inside of it. is there any fuses in there that maybe i blew... i was just driving around with some bump bump then it stopped and there was no bump, im clueless

NOAHS88accord
08-26-2003, 12:22 PM
yes you can open it, it might void warranty though. the best thing to do now is to smell the amp (sounds stupid i know). Does it smell like burnt solder? then you might have fried the amp. otherwise I still think amp is good, and to troubleshoot more.

Hash_man_Se_i
08-26-2003, 01:33 PM
What kind of amp do you have? and If it says that if you open it, the warranty is void, and you still have warranty left, then send it in to get fixed.

Mac
08-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Do you still have power to the amp? Some amps might have fuses inside, some might have external fuses. Like others have suggested, if it's still under warrenty be careful not to void. Also check the ground is good. Make sure all connections are tight.

87DXHatch
08-26-2003, 09:14 PM
I agree with Mac, make sure you check all the outer things first, before you try to open up the amp (even though I highly doubt opening the amp will allow you to fix your problem without doing work on the circuits/transformer/caps/etc).

Check the fuse on the power line, the fuse on the amp (if it has one), the power wire connection to the amp, the ground, the speaker wires, inside the box to see if the wires fell off the subs, RCA cables still secure in place, etc...

Were there any noises or smells accompanied by the "loss of bump" or did it just all of a sudden stop?

NOAHS88accord
08-27-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by 87DXHatch
I agree with Mac, make sure you check all the outer things first, before you try to open up the amp (even though I highly doubt opening the amp will allow you to fix your problem without doing work on the circuits/transformer/caps/etc).

Check the fuse on the power line, the fuse on the amp (if it has one), the power wire connection to the amp, the ground, the speaker wires, inside the box to see if the wires fell off the subs, RCA cables still secure in place, etc...

Were there any noises or smells accompanied by the "loss of bump" or did it just all of a sudden stop?

Isn't that what I have been saying the whole time? hahahaha