PDA

View Full Version : Door sensors or fuses?

Morbid Intentionz
08-26-2003, 07:37 PM
I hope this is where this goes.. WEll a few days ago the part where the fuel and temp is that shows if a door is open . It says my driver door and trunk are open all the time, Is it a fuse somewhere or a sensor ? Also HOw can i get to it to change it if its a sensor?

Mac
08-27-2003, 01:40 PM
More than likely it is the switch. Open your door, push the lever on the switch all the way and see if door open light goes out. If it does your switch is sticking. If it doesn't your switch is probally bad. You can pull it out with 1 screw and get 1 from the junkyard.

Now open the trunk, right in front of you is the lock mechanism. Manually lock it and see if trunk open light goes out. I'm not sure if it is adjustable or not.

Another possibilty is shorted wires. These switchs are open when door and trunk are closed. When a door or trunk is open the switch closes and applies a ground to light the light. So if wire is touching ground it will light the light.

The door switch is easy to remove. Loosen screw and pull out, see if the wire fell off and is hitting ground.

The trunk switch has 2 wires on it and you might have to take it apart to see if the switch is stuck. I never messed with the trunk switch so I don't know. Maybe some one else here has some experience with the trunk.

Morbid Intentionz
08-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Thanks man ill try it

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Umm can someone tell me where the switch is in the door? I looked forever and couldnt find it. Im prolly just retarded and pased it up

Magny
09-20-2003, 08:14 PM
there is like an L shaped switch (on some cars they have a pole switch more like a dot) on the door jamb, its black and the casing is metal to hold it on(the poles have a black rubber boot).

*EDIT* or if you open your door, look where the hinges are for front doors and the rear are like the ones i mentioned on my post

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Ight goin to go check

MrBen
09-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Use steel wool or an eraser to clean the contacts on the door switches.

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 08:40 PM
I cant find that damn thing ... but its now to where i can shut the door but not all the way and it will shut off but if i close it all the way it wil come on..There was this black knob type thing stickin out a lil of the door jamb thought it was it but guess not. Pics of this switch would be nice or else i dont think i will ever find it

MrBen
09-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Well I haven't read the entire thread, but I am assuming you are talking about the door switch. If that's the case, open your door all the way. Now, stand as if you were going to get into the car and face the side of the car. Look to your right (if you're on the driver's side of the car). Look along the side jamb. See the black 'L" thingie sticking out? That's the switch. It's right by the paint code sticker (it's white) and a metal latch doohickie.

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 08:55 PM
OOOOOOOOOOhhhh... Lol Brb GOin to check it out

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 09:01 PM
Found it! Its loose And i tighten it all the way and still actin up so ill go get a switch

MrBen
09-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Nahhh, unscrew that biotch. Unhook the wire (DON'T LET IT FALL BACK IN THE HOLE) and clean the metal connection on the back of the switch. Lube the switch, and you're set!

MrBen
09-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh, like I said, use steel wool, or something that's going to take off the corrosion and crap.

Morbid Intentionz
09-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Ok ill do that when i wake up in the mornin