PDA

View Full Version : HELP on Removing HEAD LIGHT

Rendon LX-i
08-26-2003, 10:35 PM
Sup crew. A sorry about this question in all but i been looking around on her on h4 conversions kits. will i bought one and i need to know how u removed the stock head light out. or a thread leading to it. if u can do that for me? thanks

MrBen
08-26-2003, 10:45 PM
With your lights down, take a phillips head screwdriver and unscrew the headlight cover at the very top. Then flip your lights up, adn unscrew the screw on either side of the black housing. Then unscrew the two on the front. Pull the black housing off, and unscrew the headlight cover from the headlight bracket. Then, unplug the plug from the headlight and take off the spring that should be in the upper corner.

shepherd79
08-27-2003, 03:42 AM
actullay, flip up your lights. unscrew the screws on each side, and front top. remove the black plastic.
you will see ring around the headlight that holds it in position,
remove 3 scres for that rind and you are done.
installation in reverse.

MrBen
08-27-2003, 07:05 AM
For H4 conversions it is better to dismantle everything... it gives you more room to work with. Up to you though.

markmdz89hatch
08-27-2003, 07:30 AM
I'm with Shepard on this one. If you remove the headlight cover, it's just a pain in the ass to get it all lined back up perfectly. I'd also think about hitting up cdscowboy for some covers. He makes weather guards to install on the headlight bucket which will keep condensation from forming inside your bulb housing which can cause the bulb to pop. I need to pick up a few sets from him myself now that I mention it.

shepherd79
08-27-2003, 07:55 AM
actually, you can make our own weather guards. i did on my car. it took me like 30 minutes to do.

Rendon LX-i
08-27-2003, 09:43 PM
thanks guys. really helped out alot

Rendon LX-i
09-12-2003, 08:33 PM
shepherd u made um. how u make um. pm me