PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness with the gauges...

fuzzy audio
08-27-2003, 09:29 AM
So I've been thinking about putting custom gauges in the gauge cluster for a while. But here has been my isue. I have an 87. They are supposed to have the gauges pointing out right? Well mine's got gauges pointing in!!!! I'm a little confused. Help? Info? Something? Have I just been bas-ackwards the entire time.

IMWezel
08-27-2003, 09:39 AM
Maybe you've got a gauge cluster that's has been replaced because of a defect.

On my gauge cluster de gauges are also point out, but that must be a difference between Euro and USA 3geez.

For the custom gauges (the one's Paul designed)it doesn't make a difference cause there are also templates for the one you have.

markmdz89hatch
08-27-2003, 10:35 AM
it really all depended on if you have a us or japan made 3G. Some were made here, some imported from Japan. At least this is the only explanation I can come up with. ..and it seems this "in or out" symdrom only plagued the 86-87's. There's nothing wrong, it's just different then the majority.

fuzzy audio
08-27-2003, 10:47 AM
I know that mine was made in Japan for USDM. I just wanna know so I can get reverse glow gauges at some point and I thought it was weird cause every other 86 that I have seen had "out" needles on there gauges.

markmdz89hatch
08-27-2003, 10:51 AM
yeah, you should be able to get guages for it. If you wanna get the guages that ProCarPart offers, and if they're only for the "other" needle direction, just swap out the cluster with one that will fit the guages. Either that, or download the corresponding set from Pauls website.