PDA

View Full Version : Need second opinion...

leadfoot88lx
08-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Drug muffler off the other day, finished cuttin it off until I could get time to go get a replacement. 5 days later ( I work ALL the time it seems ) I pull to a stop at work and steam is rollin from the hood. Popped the hood and notice I've got 2 hairline cracks in the plastic portion (upper) of the radiator. No problem, got that fixed. I've had a couple hoses bust lately too, what can cause that kinda pressure in my system? I'm thinkin the radiator cap is fucked cause everytime it's hot like that, it blows somethin instead of boiling into the resevoir (spelling?). I'm lettin the car sit until I figure it out, so please help! By the way, instead of just puttin a new muffler on I went ahead and put 2.25 piping and cherry bomb turbo muffler on it. ( I know the muffler is gonna get flamed but hey, I've always loved their sound and realy didn't want much more flow then that... I kinda like the torqu from a little more back pressure ) Anyways, can someone please save me some money? :sadwave:

bboipinoy112
08-27-2003, 05:34 PM
thermostat?

zero.counter
08-27-2003, 05:38 PM
Why don't you flush it first, then check your hoses. Make sure there is not blockage to the reservoir. Check the thermostat and then the radiator itself for debris on the fins or even damaged fins. Then of course check the fans to make sure the temp switch is not bad.

Sean
08-27-2003, 06:35 PM
the plastic top tanks always crack around the hose outlet. check your front motor mount to see if its seperating.