PDA

View Full Version : Need Bushings

Rendon LX-i
08-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey, its me again. yeah i found out that i need bushing bad. when i racing my friend told me that my wheel moved alot and then he check it when it was park (flat on surface) he jigged the wheel a little and it move alot. he said oh yes it needs replacing. by the way he moved it side to side and it move alot. its should of been stiff. but i need bushings. or could it be something esle? help me out. also were can i buy them. thanks again:bow:

Goldfinger89
08-28-2003, 04:42 AM
I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like you need ball joints. You may also need bushings, but more than likely ball joints.

Rendon LX-i
08-28-2003, 10:14 PM
and how much do those fuckers cost.?

Goldfinger89
08-29-2003, 04:32 AM
front or rear ball joints? Upper or lower?

I just had the front upper ball joints/control arms, coils and struts replaced. 600.00 including labor. If you can do it yourself you'll save a lot of money. There is an indepth DIY on replacing the ball joints. The front uppers from Autozone were 75.00 if I remember right.

anchovies
08-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Are you sure it's ball joints? You might beed new wheel bearings.

Rendon LX-i
08-29-2003, 11:47 AM
i dont really know yet. i gonna take my car to my friends shop. but its gotta be something. i mean i cant tell or nothing. my 3g rides smoothly. when i let go of the clutch the wheel moves. like it shakes. i cant tell when i am riding it but when someones out side they can see it bad. so i dont know yet. its gonna be done for free. own team has a shop and we have ever tool. but i need to know what it is. i just raced yesterday and i couldnt tell. so i really know know if its the ball joints or like ANCHOVIES said i might need to beed the wheel bearings.

86AccordLxi
08-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah, i also spent 600 to have all 4 control arms/ball joint replaced. that's what happends when you have no tools and your car is parked in the University parking lot...you spends hella $$ fixin y0 shit.

Alex

88LXi/87CRXSi
08-29-2003, 12:30 PM
Or bad tie rod ends, no one mentioned those! Just replaced mine, left one was shot. Replaced both, cause they were only $12 apiece at Autozone.

MrBen
08-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Could be worn engine mounts too...

Rendon LX-i
08-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Were those just the outer tie rod ends or the inner tie rod ends?

88LXi/87CRXSi
09-01-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Rendon LX-i
Were those just the outer tie rod ends or the inner tie rod ends?
Just the outer tie rod ends, my inners were ok. I think the inner ones were about $20 apiece.

Rendon LX-i
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM
ok its been a while since i wrote on this tread but. I just wanted to get my DZ springs in and shit. I took it to get in align and this said that i need to fixed the following first before they can align it

Needs Fixed:
1.Both Uppper Balljoints (cuz they are Loose)
2.Left Front inner Tie Rod (cuz its Loose also).

So i called oreillys auto parts and they said its cost $84.89 EACH upper balljoint/arm. The inner tie rod was only 26 but thats alot for just that. is there any other place i can get it cheaper then that. shit thats alot thats like 200 bucks. im only part time till schools done. thanks guys

Rendon LX-i
10-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Also i just wanted to add. is it started doing this after i put my new springs in. Right after when i put them on i took it for a cruise and i heard it i tought i was the strut not tight enough. But when i put ppls in the back will riding it dont make noise at all. I havent check it my self yet cuz its cold as hell outside . But it thumps alot thou. laters

Josh

Rendon LX-i
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
sorry about the spelling. lol. typing it to fast.

possum
11-01-2003, 01:46 PM
Well there is one option that is cheaper:

http://www.europartsdirect.com/

They have the whole upper control arms for $50 each delivered. Thats including the ball joints. I am ordering a set myself.