PDA

View Full Version : my car is done

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-28-2003, 05:21 AM
i got in last night and mom told me the car is done. i was having problems getting it started remember? well it had to do with the main power relay not working right. glad it wasn't the pump, that would've been mad money. the gasket got replaced, but of course it will still smell like it's burnin oil for a little while. he said he didn't to the tranny fluid, because since i haven't had it replaced and the person before my obviously didn't either, it has the ability to hold stronger. if i replaced it with new fluid it wouldn't have the same grip, like when people get the fluid replaced and a couple weeks later the tranny craps out, that's why. made sense to me, he's good at doing what's needed to keep it running well, but not doing stuff just to pad the bill. he's been working with hondas and toyotas and several other imports for years, so i trust him. he himself drives a honda, though i forgot if it was a civic or an accord. i will hopefully have it back tonight, but at the latest the end of the week. yaaaaaaa!!:D

Cyric_accord
08-28-2003, 12:32 PM
the main relay? the little box that you could tap with a screwdriver and then the thing would start? You could've just gone to http://techauto.tripod.com/mainrelay.htm and done it yourself? :D no prob, I just did it myself cause my local mechanic had no clue what I was talking about.

Good to hear it works tho

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-29-2003, 07:30 AM
tap with a screwdriver?? ok if the thing is going bad then i should just replace it, which i did. it saves me from having to do it later. besides i also had other things i wanted checked. i don't have the experience and know how to do them, so i got a guy who specializes in imports to work on it. oh by the way he drives a 5th or 6th gen accord.

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-30-2003, 09:12 AM
my brakes were also checked and he said they were fine. the only thing is that the brake dust shield is bent down just a little, and barely making contact with the rotor. the bad thing is, i don't know which side it was on so i could see about dinging it back out. would it be possible to use something like a tack hammer and ding it back out??

TJ89Accord
08-30-2003, 09:30 AM
you could bend it back out with your hand, I don't know why your mechanic didn't just do it while he was looking at it.

tim