PDA

View Full Version : ALARM for my CAR

RCracer
06-15-2002, 10:35 AM
I dont know if it the same in the US as it is over in the UK but my car alarm died yesturday and after opening it up to fix it decided that enough is enough and I am going to buy a new one.
Theres the problem.
I am not going to spend £300+ ($450+) on a basic car alarm(shock and voltage sence only) and let somone else fit it.
So then I tried to get a decent alarm for me to fit (im a electronics engineer so it isnt a problem) only to find that most of the well known brands wont let you self fit them and they must be dealer fitted.
I have a easy fit alarm on my car for now (borrowed it of my dads car :) ) but want to get a better one (well nothing could be worse).
It looks like I am going to have to go with a non well known make to be able to self fit:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: at least that way I get a alarm with some features for about £230 ($350).
The one I have looked at has dual shock sensors, interior and exterior microwave, voltage sence, rolling code transmitters, c/l output and 1km range pager.
How does that compare to the specs/prices in the US out of interest.

Paul

offthahook
06-15-2002, 01:10 PM
Same way. The better brands won't sell the part to individuals. Crutchfield and others will sell alarms to people, but they are not that great. I paid about $300 for mine with shock sensors, glass breakage, starter kill, remote start, 2 remotes, hood pins...