PDA

View Full Version : Free parts w/assistance in development of polyurethane bushings

Prothane
08-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Prothane Motion Control(www.prothane.com) is considering developing new polyurethane bushings for 86-89 Accords and needs your help! We are looking for someone who can provide us with spare parts for research and development such as control arms, strut rods, sway bar bushings and brackets, etc. You will recieve all available kits for your vehicle once available, free of charge. If interested please contact me at [email protected].

thank you,

Chris Miller
Product Development
Prothane Motion Control

StUpiD8000
09-09-2003, 09:17 AM
Didnt someone send all the stuff and some others?? Do you still need some?

pric
09-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Go to the junkyard they are full of 3rd gen accords.

zero.counter
09-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by pric
Go to the junkyard they are full of 3rd gen accords.
Nuff said.

Unless...DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE PART CAR?

Hey prothane guy, will you pay for shipping?

k-roy
09-10-2003, 01:41 AM
I do not have any spare parts, but when you are finished I DEFINITLY WILL purchase a set.

Prothane
09-10-2003, 10:46 AM
If you'd like to be notified about new parts IF and when they become available from Prothane, send a blank email to [email protected] with "mailing list" in the subject line.

Thank you

BootMachine
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
I have everything you need to do that bushing job

but its for a prelude. Any parts the same?

k-roy
10-04-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by BootMachine
I have everything you need to do that bushing job

but its for a prelude. Any parts the same?

What year prelude?

BootMachine
10-22-2003, 10:11 AM
87 SI 2.0L

Neuspeed87lx
11-14-2003, 07:35 PM
damn thats too bad ...i just junked my 3g ....it had all that stuff..... errr.....i could have gave the kits away ...

thegreatdane
03-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Ummm.... how's this project coming along?

http://www.geocities.com/prothanemotioncontrol/accord

Vanilla Sky
03-29-2004, 07:37 AM
has anybody shipped parts to this guy? if nobody has, i have both an LXi parts car and a DX parts car i can ship parts off of.

i DID email him, but that was just like 2 minutes ago, i don't think anybody is THAT fast...

wprocomp
03-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I want poly engine mounts :crying:

Volitech
03-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Anyone heard anything more about this? I was planning on buying new bushings but I'll wait if I can get these!

salmonman78
04-07-2004, 05:37 AM
Any new info yet? might want for my lude as well

Vinny
04-07-2004, 05:59 AM
damnit I forgot all about this. I just threw away a set of upper and lower control arms, sway bar links and bushings, radius rod arms and bushings, and a few other suspension pieces.............. DOHHHHHHH

MoonScryer
04-13-2004, 04:44 AM
He wants NEW bushings. Someone go spend $200 or so at Majestic like I did a couple years ago, then send them to the guy....I got no money :(

Vinny
04-13-2004, 05:35 AM
you're kidding me right? Who in their right mind would send a total dayum stranger hundreds of dollars worth of new bushings??????????? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Send me a complete new set of bushings. You will recieve all available kits for your vehicle once available, free of charge. If interested please contact ME

Dibbs
04-13-2004, 08:15 AM
you're kidding me right? Who in their right mind would send a total dayum stranger hundreds of dollars worth of new bushings??????????? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Send me a complete new set of bushings. You will recieve all available kits for your vehicle once available, free of charge. If interested please contact ME

:werd:

Here's what I'd like to know. Why is this guy wanting us to donate parts to the company he represents? Chris, you are in product development right? Are you telling me that product development has no budget whatsoever for R&D? Not even enough to hit up a junkyard and grab a 3rd gen w/ an intact suspension for a couple hundered dollars? If that's the case then IMO it's a bad reflection as to how Prothane conducts business. If you want a donor suspension then fine, I get that. But don't make the donor pay to have it shipped top you. Just my 2 cents.

Robs89LXi
04-26-2004, 07:50 PM
We cry about not having any aftermarket support for our 3Gs, but then you want to shoot this guy down who is trying to develop some polyurathane parts for our car? How do you know it's a scam? It might be a shock to some of you, but our car is not exactly at the top of anyones R&D list! If this guy is an enthusiast, and is willing to take it to his company to have them build some, don't you think we should be encouraging him, not bashing him without even knowing the guy?
All I can say is that I've been in contact with Chris, and he seems pretty forthright to me. He has sent me a set of front swaybar bushings for testing, and I will be glad to do so if it means further production in the future for YOUR benefit. Don't be so quick to judge and bash, and maybe, we might actually get some folks interested in helping us.

Vanilla Sky
04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
most of it is just gonna be parts matching... very few parts will have to be made because these are pretty much "parts bin" when it comes to stuff like that

Dibbs
04-27-2004, 07:13 AM
We cry about not having any aftermarket support for our 3Gs, but then you want to shoot this guy down who is trying to develop some polyurathane parts for our car? How do you know it's a scam? It might be a shock to some of you, but our car is not exactly at the top of anyones R&D list! If this guy is an enthusiast, and is willing to take it to his company to have them build some, don't you think we should be encouraging him, not bashing him without even knowing the guy?
All I can say is that I've been in contact with Chris, and he seems pretty forthright to me. He has sent me a set of front swaybar bushings for testing, and I will be glad to do so if it means further production in the future for YOUR benefit. Don't be so quick to judge and bash, and maybe, we might actually get some folks interested in helping us.

That's great he's been in contact with you. WHat about the rest of the board? If we have no idea of what progress is/has been made then how are we to know if the project is still alive. I was one of the first to contact Chris when he originally posted this and was very excited about the possibility of having a full kit made for our cars. When he told me that I had to ship all the parts to him at my expense then I realized I could buy a couple of kits for what it cost to ship the parts to him. Yes he was going to pay return postage, great. But by that time, he could have bought a donor suspension from a junkyard. Things just don't add up that's all. :dunno:

Robs89LXi
04-28-2004, 04:28 AM
Hey, I hear ya. I haven't seen anything else from him on the board either, and I can't assume it is because of a lack of support because obviously several people have contacted him. I just know that he replied to all my emails and has sent me some parts for testing, so I can only judge by that. I do know he was looking for selected areas/driving styles, so that might have something to do with it, but still, a board update I guess would be good. My point though was that we should not be so quick to judge, and we do need to keep in mind that any aftermarket help we can get should be appreciated and maybe given a little more leeway and patience. Chris, if you ever check back here, how about an update? Any developement news yet?

thegreatdane
04-28-2004, 05:43 AM
If he replies to all your emails it would be great if you could send him one asking how it's progressing and then let us now on the board.

Vinny
04-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Already done. I will let everyone know what I get back. Asked for an update as to both the progress and parts that may still be needed as well as any "specific" vehicle setup, driving area/style and so forth. Hopefully info will be comming soon

Vinny
04-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Well boys and girls heres the latest news

Hi Vinny,

I'm still working on the project, but have made some progress. Some of my
current Honda parts will crossover so that helps. I believe I have all the
parts I need for development at this time. Unfortunately many of my other
projects have taken precedence over this one so it will take longer to
complete. Best thing to do is check back with me in about another month to
see how things have developed.

Thanks,
Chris Miller

thegreatdane
05-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Cool, good to know he's still working on it.

Vanilla Sky
05-06-2004, 09:41 PM
yeah, so that 2 hours i spent cross referencing parts is useless?

i thought he gave up on us completely

Gemini2003
09-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Do we have an update on these polyurethane bushings?

Gemini2003
09-21-2004, 02:47 PM

I just recieved an email from Chris Miller here is what he said:

Hi Gemini,

At this point in time the project is low priority and as such I only have a few kits available.

Front lower control arm kit #8-210
Front strut(tension) rod kit #8-1201
Rear lower control arm kit #8-312

Feel free to call our tech line anytime for updates on all our new products at 1-888-prothane.

Thank you for your interest.

Chris Miller
Manager, Product Development
Prothane Motion Control

Hope this helps everyone!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Vanilla Sky
09-21-2004, 03:13 PM
good... at least they are selling those part numbers as parts for our cars now... even though they are existing parts from other cars, at least they are listed to fit our cars

DeathRat
09-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Here's my latest email reply from Prothane......
Date: September 16, 2004 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Prothane Form Submission

Alan,
Sorry, we do not make any motor or trans. mounts/inserts for your 88'
Accord.

> Questions/Comments: = I'm looking for Motor Mounts & Trans Mounts for
above stated vehicle since with the stock OEM Mounts, I'm cracking
Alternator Housings due to vibration while at high track speeds & high RPMs.
Could you please see what you can do for me?
>

carotman
11-13-2004, 02:07 AM
I wonder if there are any front torque rod bushings.

Vanilla Sky
11-13-2004, 02:22 AM
carot, your best bet woul dbe to find the proper size of leaf spring bushing for the front torque strut... that's what a couple of us have done...

it sucks that prothane has lost interest... i think they "lost" interest when they found out they would actually need to make a few parts and not use civic parts... they seemed to be disappointed when they looked into actual part numbers and such...

IMO, this is bad PR for prothane... they had interest... all they had to do was build parts... they left us in the dark... screw them... i'll buy energy suspension parts when i get into my suspension...

smufguy
11-18-2004, 06:38 PM
hmmm..... so no motor mounts?

NashvilleLX-i
12-08-2004, 11:12 PM
so does he still need parts or what?

Vanilla Sky
12-09-2004, 05:53 AM
nope... they aren't interested with it at all...

Ace
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a 89 accord dx I am about to junk tell me what you need

Vanilla Sky
01-24-2005, 06:36 PM
these guys abandoned the project... several of us have tried getting in touch with them, and they tell us that our application isn't a priority

smufguy
01-24-2005, 08:42 PM
these guys abandoned the project... several of us have tried getting in touch with them, and they tell us that our application isn't a priority

damn..... that kinda reflects bad on that company tho.

Ace
01-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Thats Something nice company huh

danronian
02-19-2005, 07:00 AM
How about someone de-stickying this constant reminder of failure for new suspension parts?