PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change Realy Makes A Difference!

HondaBoy
08-28-2003, 08:13 PM
well, heres the thing. my honda manual says that our SOHC engines in the 3gee and the preludes are sensative to an oil change. i changed my oil last saturday cuz i had gone over what i should have on my last oil change. i put in some valvoline max life and almost the whole bottle of lucas. and i changed my plugs. they were supposed to last for a good while, but they shitted out on me i guess. they were bosch platinum single tips. i should have taken my uncles advise when he said they will foul out on this engine. they didnt have oil or much carbon, but the electrode looked old. i put some NGKs in. noticed a bit more punch at normal rpms. and a nice bit of power increase on the freeway. the tranny doesnt have to shift to 3rd anymore going up steep overpasses or hills. now it will accelerate in 4th more easily. so no more putting off changing oil again. and i guess that would be considered preventive maintanence, which would be good on this 17 year old engine. there is more work that needs to be done, but its gonna cost money to get it running more like new. its doing good on gas, so thats good.

1988starter
08-28-2003, 08:55 PM
another satisfied lucas customer I ust use the combo and I may again I tryed mobil one this last time seemed to work well I also use 5w 30 so it is not too thick in the winter.

Gregs89AccordLxi
08-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey i also just did my oil change with mobil one 5w 30, not bad for the price! Whats the Lucas stuff for? should i of used some, i got 197,654 miles on my engine.

1988starter
08-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Lucas is a brand of oil additives that i swear by and some other people on the board do also. No I don't sell it. I do use it in my tranny 1 bottle lucas 1.5 bottles of honda MTF in my engine 1 bottle of lucas oil stabliser and 3 quarts of mobil one and in my fuel system 1 bottle every oil change. here is the web site http://www.lucasoil.com/

deadlight
08-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Definitely good shit, they have a little toy thing at O'reilly's that shows you the difference that I always mess with, and it really does work as well as they say. and yes, NGK's are the only way to go.

HostileJava
08-29-2003, 05:42 AM
I did a search on there site for a local retailer and came up with nothing. Anybody know of any chain stores that carry this?

chriskatana
08-29-2003, 06:39 AM
All of the chain stores sell it, I think you can even get it at wal mart or kmart
Autozone, Advance, parts america, pepboys...
in your area...

Lucas Oil Retailers Search Results
The following Retailer(s) were found based on your search.

Business Name Location Select One
Advanced Auto Parts Allentown, PA View
AutoZone Allentown, PA View
AutoZone Allentown, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Bethlehem, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Easton, PA View
AutoZone Emmaus, PA View
AutoZone Glenolden, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Lehighton, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Mt. Penn, PA View
AutoZone Nazareth, PA View
AutoZone Norristown, PA View
AutoZone Palmer, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Pottstown, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Reading, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Reading, PA View
AutoZone Reading, PA View
AutoZone Reading, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Sinking Spring, PA View
AutoZone Thorndale, PA View
AutoZone Whitehall, PA View
Advanced Auto Parts Wind Gap, PA View

toastyghost
08-29-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by deadlight
and yes, NGK's are the only way to go.
RAWR DENSO

od2681
08-29-2003, 06:44 AM
hey what if it was named mucas...would you all still buy it??

chriskatana
08-29-2003, 06:58 AM
They could call it Queer Monkey Oil for all I care! The Sh!t works, and I'd buy it no matter what the name.

Morpheus
08-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by chriskatana
They could call it Queer Monkey Oil for all I care! The Sh!t works, and I'd buy it no matter what the name.

:lol

1988starter
08-29-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by deadlight
Definitely good shit, they have a little toy thing at O'reilly's that shows you the difference that I always mess with, and it really does work as well as they say. and yes, NGK's are the only way to go.

The trany stuff saved my syncros for 10k miles untill I had enough to replace them and I was told they were shot when it was done.

I alaways will recoment 1 bottle lucas top of with honda mtf

BDaccordguy
08-29-2003, 08:49 AM
i have been using Valvoline synthetic blend for about 4k miles and everytime i change the oil, u can definitely see a difference in the performance of the engine.

HondaBoy
08-29-2003, 03:19 PM
i was going to try some synthetic, but it will probley want to leak through my head gasket. i just used 10W30 valvoline max life and lucas. seems to be keeping my oil leakage at a minimum. and another thing, i havent had any problem starting. so no more dry starts, which is something lucas said it would do.

NXRacer
08-29-2003, 03:32 PM
would it matter to use lucas additive on a brand new rebuilt engine? I'm gonna go with full synthetic after i rebuild my motor (if its ok to use with turbos). I bet that if its a brand new rebuilt motor it shouldn't need additives.

1988starter
08-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by NXRacer
would it matter to use lucas additive on a brand new rebuilt engine? I'm gonna go with full synthetic after i rebuild my motor (if its ok to use with turbos). I bet that if its a brand new rebuilt motor it shouldn't need additives.

According to their faq (www.lucasoil.com)you can use it on a brand new engine. I have no idea about turbo's but my friend has had no problem with his 90 eclipse. They also make a full synthetic race oil.