PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Eyebrows.

HondaBoy
08-28-2003, 08:53 PM
i had thought about doing my eyebrows on the headlights and grille chrome. i saw someone here with them, dont remember who. anyway, i found some chrome tape for $5 at autozone. i cleaned up the eyebrows after i took them off the car. i cleaned them with alcohol. i decided to do this because they had some heat cracks in the plastic and other cracks. anyway, i did that and it looks pretty good on the car. only thing is my hoods grille area where it bends is bent inward. i need a new hood by the way. anyway, other than they arent perfectly lined up, they look good. from a distance, you cant tell them not lining up. i may do this on some other stuff. i thought about the black part on the trunk lid where the liscence plate goes. that would look cool in chrome, maybe. i would get a junked one to try it on first. i may paint my grille mesh red to accent the chrome, and save it from corrosion.

3G Jester
08-28-2003, 09:00 PM
well...if you really wanna get ghetto....theres chrome spray paint at wally world.
[walmart]

MrBen
08-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Yeah I just got some and it does NOT look chrome. Man was I pissed.

HondaBoy
08-29-2003, 03:22 PM
there is actually some chrome paint that works great. only thing is that it takes many steps. like priming, painting it a few times and then clearcoating. i know someone here has done it. dont remember exactly who, but they did their interior stuff with it. like the bezel around the door handle and some other stuff. i thought that looked cool.

bobafett
08-29-2003, 04:57 PM
wow im glad i dont have any chrome on my car! :D

HondaBoy
08-29-2003, 08:56 PM
well bobafett, what about the chrome/SS trim around the windows? i thought all accords came with that.

bobafett
08-30-2003, 11:13 AM
not hatchies! :D muahahahah

the only "chrome" i have showing is where the black weather stripping has cracked off, and its gonna be replaced! :D

anyway im JP... chrome can look really good, i just hate seeing so many ludes accords and civics cruising around with so much chrome that it hurts my eyes.. :) ya know what im saying?

Chubs87Accord
09-01-2003, 08:07 PM
how about a chrome plated car :D

jk

toastyghost
09-01-2003, 09:47 PM
HondaBoy: I did that on my interior trim and also my rims. Looks dope although not quite as reflective as chrome plating.

Chubs: That would probably be illegal, like certain %'s of mirror tint.

mykwikcoupe
09-01-2003, 10:33 PM
I dont know about a chrome plated car but I have a polished Jagaur on my computer someplace. They spent like 1200 hours polishing it and it looks like chrome. You HAVE to have sunshades for this one

Vinny
09-02-2003, 06:10 AM
ewwwwwwwwwww chrome on a 3gee is not the way to go just my 2 cents