PDA

View Full Version : OIl Pressure

Morbid Intentionz
08-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks to hostile for pointin me to the right section:cool: Im tryin to get all 3 of my gauges installed but im stumped on the oil pressure gauge. Ive did the search but didnt specify where to put the tube for the oil gauge... Detailed help please !!!!!!!!!!!!

shepherd79
08-29-2003, 11:49 AM
do you have mechanical or electircal oil gauge?

A20A1
08-29-2003, 12:37 PM
You install it where the old Oil Pressure sensor is... however your engine might not run right... or you could just end up with the oil light constantly on.

But yeah take out the old sensor if it's mechanical... it's right on top of the part that you screw the oil filter onto. It has one wire coming off of it.
If it's electrical you might be able to use the stock sensor, just swap the wires.

I think you need a 22mm socket to get the thing out.

Morbid Intentionz
08-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Thanks for your help. Right After I wrote this thread.. i went out to see if i could do it and i did.. It runs the same to me and the oil light isnt coming on. So i think i did it right .

Morbid Intentionz
08-29-2003, 02:51 PM
To those of you who wish to get a oil pressure gauge. If you want it installed fast. Get the electrical. If your a hands on person like me get the mechanical. It probably wouldnt have took me so long if i didnt change the oil while i was at it.

DBMaster
08-30-2003, 06:46 PM
I never thought much of the mechanical gauge. It has a little tube with oil in it coming into the car. If you get a leak you get oil INSIDE the car. I swapped an idiot light cluster for a junkyard rally gauge cluster on my old Pontiac. You have to use a different oil pressure sender as the stock one is simply a switch that turns on the light below a certain pressure. If the wire is pulled from the factory oil pressure switch your dash light will NEVER come on so don't worry about that if you are installing a gauge.