PDA

View Full Version : Clear taillight glue????

Type R Accord
08-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know the correct type of "clear silicone glue" used to make clear tails for bonding the lighting panel pieces to the clear acrylic??? I used this silicone II stuff I found at Home Depot near the acrylic sheets...well in the end the lenses came out really frosted with a bunch of bubbles between the pieces... I wanted a completely CLEAR bond between the pieces...any help would be appeciated.

Thanks

Blue Impact
08-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Type R Accord
any help would be appeciated.

Good luck with your quest for making your own clear taillights. Be advised that many have tried and only a few have succeeded. But this doesn't mean you should give you. Maybe you can become a part of that few. Good luck.

Morbid Intentionz
08-30-2003, 01:30 PM
Mine did that a lil too. A few ways to fix em. One do like i did and find some thin moldin (got from a friend) with some good sticky tape or you can buy that chrome trim stuff you can buy at an auto part store and outline your tails. It wont look different because some clear tails/ euro tails come with black rubber and/or chrome trim. Good luck with your tails.

mykwikcoupe
08-31-2003, 01:08 AM
I got my glue from action auto parts. Its made for bonding plastic to plastic so it wont turn everything white. Its like a 2 part/step deal. You wipe the primer seal stuff on both sides, wait 10 sec. put the glue on both sides, wait 2 min. stick together and hold for a few. Worked really well on my clear bumper lights. Other than that I dont think that action auto parts is good for anything then getting bad korean parts.

Type R Accord
08-31-2003, 01:14 AM
whats the "thin molding" suggestion you were talking about???....hmm i guess my major issue trying to get these tails together is the sticking-the-lighting panel-to-the-clear-acrylic thing...i dunno...am i using the wrong kind of glue??? because first of all the glue is frosty white, not clear...and secondly...i dont even think its glue...its just somekind of bathroom sealant....bah...:confused: i think ill go back to home depot and look for something more like crystal clear glue or something...ARGHAHRG....im so close to having nice tails....:crying:

but i will try to do that chrome thing you were talking about morbid...thank you for the input...

any other help on this subject would still be of great assistance...thanks