PDA

View Full Version : help on an alarm

jays87
08-29-2003, 06:09 PM
ok i am in the process of doing things to my car since i dont have a license... so i got my alarm about a month ago off ebay and i need some help installing it. i need to no about the keyless entry, kill switch and the lights. i am talkin about the wires and the best way to wire the alarm like the diagram for the wiring i kinda understand the ones that i dont understand the most is the whole ignition cause i have to splice the main wire for the ignition, and install the kill switch, and the automatic locks. i have an lxi so it already has power locks i just need to no the wires so pretty much i am lost on which wires so if some one can help me it would be greatly appreciated cause the car cannot be broken into again and i am not payin $150 to have some old head to install it the alarm

jason

catalin
08-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Here you go...

Honda Accord 1986-1989

Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes

Function
Vehicle Color
Start:
BLACK/WHITE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #1:
BLACK/YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #2:
YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition #3:
BLUE/WHITE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Accessory:
WHITE/RED
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Brake Light:
GREEN/WHITE
(+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL

Tach Signal:
BLUE
AT COIL (AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION) *

Parking Lights:
RED/BLACK OR RED
(+) LIGHT SWITCH OR AT FUSE BOX

Headlights:
NOT RECOMMENDED -
POP-UP MOTORS ARE SEPARATE CIRCUIT

OEM Alarm Disarm:
N/A

OEM Alarm Arm:
N/A

Diesel Glow Plug:

Clutch Bypass Wire:

Notes:
* Electronic Fuel Injection Models Only. Rest Are Carburated Or Throttle Body Injection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda Accord 1986-1989

Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes

Function
Vehicle Color
Constant +12 Volts:
WHITE AND WHITE/BLACK
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Starter Kill:
BLACK/WHITE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Ignition +12 Volts:
BLACK/YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Dome Lights/Superv:
BLACK/WHITE
(-) DRIVER KICK PANEL OR DOME LIGHT

OEM Horn:
BLUE/RED
(-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Power Lock:
GREEN/WHITE
DRIVER'S KICK PANEL **

Power Unlock:
GREEN/RED
DRIVER'S KICK PANEL **

Trunk Release:
N/A

Alarm Input Wire:
BLACK/WHITE
(-) DRIVER KICK PANEL OR DOME LIGHT

Notes:
** See Note #201 - Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.

jays87
08-30-2003, 08:39 AM
i am kinda confused on the start ignition 1 ignition 2 and ignition 3

TJ89Accord
08-30-2003, 09:28 AM
those are for a remote starter. You don't need to worry about all them for an alarm. You pretty much just need the list on the bottom.

tim

jays87
08-30-2003, 09:31 AM
about the lock and unlock how would i go about that... as in i have on the instructions 2 wires a (+)&(-) to go to the door pin... and i have all the wires for the central lock

catalin
08-31-2003, 12:38 AM
All Hondas have a negative (-) door trigger, so use the negative input into the alarm.

Do you have factory installed power locks?? IF you do then connect to the specified wires above. If not then things will be a little more complicated.

TJ89Accord
08-31-2003, 07:49 AM
yah, Hondas have negative trigger door locks. If you have a test light, and you probe the lock or the unlock wires, the door locks will lock and unlock when you probe them. thats how you know which ones which.

tim

TWOLOUDNPROUD
07-23-2006, 05:56 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_24_full.jpg