PDA

View Full Version : another new guy

86AccordLX
08-30-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm leaving town and I have to sell my 3gee but I'm pretty attached to it and I want to know what everyone thinks of it (especially the spoiler). I haven't done much to it besides fix it up and restore the body (somewhat). Pics should probably come tomorrow, but unfortunately my keychain digital cam doesn't have a flash so I cant take night pics (when it looks MUCH better lol).

I took the silver car and tossed on a spoiler I unintentionally found from the junkyard that exactly matched my car's body color. I have no idea what car the spoiler came from, but it's not very long and it wouldn't mount directly on my trunk - so I hacked up and painted some shelf brackets from Home Depot and mounted the spoiler about 8" high off the trunk.

I just put on some remote controlled Xenon fog lights that I modified to be blue (from ultra white) using blue gel. It would be cool if I could figure out how to get the remote to trigger the retractor motors for the headlights - I'm going to try to search for something like that right now.

The car also has some stuff that might be a bit tacky - like blue washer jet lights and chrome wiper blades. There's a bolt-on stainless steel tip as well. Also, my right side view mirror's glass got cracked and in an attempt to replace the glass I ruined the mirror completely. I replaced both mirrors yesterday with the only ones I could find - black mirrors from an 88 EX-I (yes, black mirrors off of a black bumpered EX-I). I would've painted them to match my body color but my bumpers are black and I dont have the time to paint them silver.

If you pop the trunk you'd see a 10" MTX Blue Thunder sub in a custom box powered by a 300W Jensen amp with a builtin cross over neatly attached to the side of the box. The amp only cost $80 Canadian (<$60 US) but it got too hot running at 2 ohms bridged and it would shut off after a little while, so I took a tri-color illuminated computer case fan and mounted it on one side of the amp to cool it. It did the trick, and at night it looks pretty nice since the words Jensen 300W light up in red on the amp as well.

The car (a carburated 5 speed model) is the smoothest I've driven - smoother than my mother's 4gee and the '98 Corolla we used to own. The clutch, alternator and brakes are all new and I changed every little part I could think of cuz it was spitting out black smoke and shutting off when idle when I first got it.

If I could keep the car I would've sprayed the bumpers and mirrors silver. I also would've tried to install a ram air filter (not aluminum CAI though) and I most likely would've had a second muffler with an identical tip welded on. That's about as far as I would've went with the car.

Let me know what you think when I post pics tomorrow..

A20A1
08-30-2003, 12:39 AM
Okay, sad to see you come and go so soon though.

Stanger
09-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey.........................bye lol

C'mon you can still share the love man

86AccordLX
09-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Instead of rewriting the descriptions of what I did to my 3 gee and linking to all of the images I posted at cardomain, I think I'm just going to give you guys my cardomain URL so you can see for yourself. I apologize if just linking to another site violates any posting rules this forum might have but it's just a lot easier this way...

http://members.cardomain.com/nmitha

Have a look. Thanks...

NXRacer
09-03-2003, 07:50 AM
i like the ricer wing and the duct tape body fixes......... :rolleyes: