PDA

View Full Version : I want my MP3!

Sabz5150
06-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Just bought my new deck (old one was stolen). It's a Jensen, but name brands aren't my aim. It supports MP3... that's what I was looking for.

It will play files at any bitrate up to 320Kbit, including variable rate files. It also scrolls the ID3 tag across the display, along with folder and file names.

I'm installing it tonight, so I'll have pictures and a review of it's performance :)

-5150 :bandit:

Sabz5150
06-15-2002, 08:42 PM
Review... (Jensen MP3310 CD/MP3 Receiver)

I am impressed. Very impressed.

The sound quality for mp3 playback is superb. Not a single glitch whatsoever. CD playback as well as AM/FM sound quality is pretty up there... not as pristine as a high end deck, but is very satisfactory.

MP3 playback supports ID3 version 1.0 tags, 255 files per directory, eight directiories in root, and will recognize nested directories up to eight levels down. This should be enough for just about any mp3 collector out there. It does support constant bitrate files from 8K to 320K, as well as variable bitrate files. The display however, will not display the artist followed by the title (a'la Winamp)... you can select between directory name, artist name and song name. Altering the ID3 tags to get around this is a snap though.

The downsides? First off, it does not include a remote... one must be purchased seperately. It's a steering wheel mount remote, and is the IR20 that is compatible with about every Jenny deck out there. Secondly, it only supplies one set of RCA preouts.

The upsides? The preouts are a full 5 volts, and it has a set of RCA inputs for devices like DVD players, XM receivers and Playstations.

Overall, this deck is a nice addition... Jensen is starting to gain some respect now :)

-5150 :bandit:

(As a side note, the single RCA preout set was perfectly fine for me because I have a Circle Surround/DTS decoder.)