PDA

View Full Version : removing the door handle

xaccordx89x
08-30-2003, 09:19 PM
This might be a stupid question, but someone tried to break into my car and busted the key hole thing, and i wanna remove it and replace it...does anyone know how to remove the door handle?

A Dawg Jr
08-30-2003, 10:19 PM
probably need to take the door pannel off and find the nuts and stuff under there. Just my guess

xaccordx89x
08-31-2003, 12:48 AM
thanks

DBMaster
08-31-2003, 12:22 PM
You do need to remove the inside door panel, peel back the plastic and remove two bolts and the actuator rods. I know because the shitheads pried a hole under my door handle trying to break in. The lock mechanism is a separate piece in the door handle and I am not sure how to remove it.

zero.counter
09-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by DBMaster
You do need to remove the inside door panel, peel back the plastic and remove two bolts and the actuator rods. I know because the shitheads pried a hole under my door handle trying to break in. The lock mechanism is a separate piece in the door handle and I am not sure how to remove it.
There are two clips holding the lock into the handle. They are very hard to push down, as both clips must be depressed to pull out the lock. Be careful not to bend the receptacle in which it resides.