PDA

View Full Version : 87 2.0si lude cv joint...is it the same?

Brettmans5
08-31-2003, 02:23 AM
Just curious if a passenger side cv joint from a 87 'lude with a 5 spd is the same as on in a 87 accord with a five speed? reason i am asking is there is a wrecker in Kelowna thats got a 87 lude that recent had its CV joints done before the owner got hit in the rear left corner (by a mac truck considering the damage....the entire trunk is gone....its scary looking). Its a pick a part wrecker so the entire shaft is 33.99 plus 5 buck core. i examined the shaft and it was so new the clamps holding the boots haven't even started to rust. figure its a good deal...if it will fit...anyone know if they are the same? looks like it, but looks can be decieving and i would rather not was 2 hours yanking it only to find out its wrong.

AccordEpicenter
09-01-2003, 07:55 AM
i believe the joint is the same but the axle is different... Anybody else know for sure?

dXsquared
09-01-2003, 08:24 AM
its the same shit.. i was running lude axles before i goit new ones

Travis

Immeraufdemhund
09-01-2003, 04:36 PM
according to advanceautoparts.com it is.
Prelude:
Car Component Technologies 7055
Reman.; Driver Side; Front; Spindle Nut Torque; 134 Ft. Lb.; Manual Transmission
Lifetime Replacement Warranty

Accord:Car Component Technologies 7055
Reman.; Driver Side; Front; Spindle Nut Torque; 134 Ft. Lb.; Manual Transmission

yah yah that's for drivers side, but they all matched up so both sides work. I just grabbed the first one.. oh yah i got offered a job their and now i'm an assistant manager!