PDA

View Full Version : removing glovebox ???

89accord_lxi_coupe
08-31-2003, 09:36 AM
hey, i was wondering about who here has removed their glove box. what can be done to cover the underside of the dash once it is removed? somebody made an insert for the place in the dash that i really liked. for some reason i think it was mike89accordcom, tell me if i'm wrong. i wanted to get the measurements and all so i could look into making one. if i did i could put in some type of "door", like the one on the glove box. you can still utilize the space on the dash that you covered as a new glove box. what do you guys think of the idea? and also tell me what could be used to cover where the glove box use to be if i removed it. TIA, also if this is in the wrong section tell me. i wasn't totally sure.

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-01-2003, 07:54 AM
so nobody has any input or thoughts on this huh? thanks

shepherd79
09-01-2003, 08:20 AM
i have never seen it.
what are you trying to do by removing the box?

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-01-2003, 11:55 AM
what i wanna know is, what and how could i cover the hole left if i took the box off. it's more on the leg room side of what i wanna do. the dash insert, i could convert to be a small glove box, so i can still store small things.(like papers and all)

toastyghost
09-01-2003, 12:25 PM
I removed my glovebox when I did the interior and was making a custom frame to hold the amp for the front speakers and the CD changer in the glovebox hole. Other than that, I don't really think there's any good way to cover that up without making some kind of cover that would take up as much space as the closed glovebox anyway.