PDA

View Full Version : A must read

Justin86
08-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Something I was thinging about is that there needs to be a how too on the engine swaps. I though I knew just about al the parts I needed to make a swap and then I was told I needed other stuff.
Think about it. Every day some one is asking about how to do this swap and how much will it cost. Most of the info about this stuff has been answered but it is all over the place and hard to find. I couldn't even find some info on a B18C swap I wanted to do untill Matt made it clear to me. Matt and Jon know alot about the B18C swap and other people have info on the B20 and B16 swaps. It would be real nice not having to answer the same question that has been answered a billion times.

Justin86
08-31-2003, 04:38 PM
Well I see that you are reading this but I need responces. Either it is a good idea or it fucking sucks and you need to drive your car off a bridge you stupid idiot. :D

zero.counter
08-31-2003, 04:58 PM
Well, the F.A.Q. is available on the Swaps thread. I believe there is sufficient data to bring about your own conclusions.

IMO, someone would need to donate a lot of time putting it together with pics and all. It would be a good idea. :)

toastyghost
08-31-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Justin86
Well I see that you are reading this but I need responces. Either it is a good idea or it fucking sucks and you need to drive your car off a bridge you stupid idiot. :D
Hahahahhaa, don't give us ideas! You said it, not me.

Justin86
08-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Yea the info is there but some of it can be hard to find. I had problems finding some info and I have been here for a while and know the ropes of the board.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-01-2003, 05:42 PM
I think its an exelent idea. I plan to do a swap by next winter, and I dont want to have to go looking around over and over just to get the right info.

Justin86
09-01-2003, 06:14 PM
sweet. Keep it coming. I'm going to start collecting some info on the basics of the common swaps and let people add on.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Sweet thanks. I am mainly trying to figure out how much the swap will cost me right now, so knowing all of the parts I will need would help a lot.

Cuz, I work at an auto parts store, so if I need things like axles etc. I can cut the costs of the swap by getting the things through work at just over cost.