PDA

View Full Version : New Engine, couple of quirks

Not like a rock
08-31-2003, 01:53 PM
I just replaced my messed up A20A3 with another one. It runs really well (considering that I had never changed engines before). However, there seems to be a low GURGLE sound from behind the instrument cluster / steering wheel when I turn the car on. You can't hear it if you are outside, only if you are inside and it is quiet.

Also, my temp guage seems to stop working sometimes (just reads cold) and the engine light came on a couple of times when I put on the brakes after doing hiway speed. The light went away after I turned the car off and turned it on again. I'll probably know more about that when I check the ECU...

but does anyone know what the gurgling sound is?

(BTW, the car is FI w/AC and a leaky vacuum advance unit)

Mac
08-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Could be related to your brakes. Master cylinder or power boost assy.

Mac
08-31-2003, 02:34 PM
As far as your temp gage. If your fuel gage is working then the fuse is ok. Make sure that you connected the temp sender. If the temp sender is connected, then disconnect and ground wire. Temp gage should go to hot. If it does the sender is bad.

Not like a rock
08-31-2003, 09:46 PM
Thanks Mac. It probably is the brakes. I was thinking along those lines. The sender is on there, so I will have to try the ground wire thing tomorrow morning.

A20A1
09-01-2003, 05:43 AM
Also bleed the cooling system real good... you might have air pockets in the motor... but i was thinking closer to the coolant traveling thru the heater core might be what was causing the sound.

Mac
09-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Yea, good idea A20A1. That makes alot of sense. Listen to A20A1
I think he is on the right track. His idea is more probable than what I was thinking.

I was talking about grounding out the temp sender which should be mounted in the thermostat housing, to check your temp gage.