PDA

View Full Version : Accord 90-02 front end conversion

Magny
08-31-2003, 02:31 PM
:help: :help: :help:

OK I have looked and looked, but I guess I missed it or something. But I want to know if a front end conversion would be possible on my 86 Accord. :confused: I wanna put a 90-02 front end in it, but I don't know if it is possible. If it is, then I got a major project. :super: Let me know if it is possible and if possible, anyone with experience with this can guide me with this conversion.

zero.counter
08-31-2003, 02:34 PM
Are you speaking of a 90' ACCORD THRU 02' ACCORD or just through the 93' ACCORD?

Magny
08-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Well the product info says 90-02 so I don't know for sure but if anything i want it to be in the low 90's (eg. 90-93).

zero.counter
08-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Yeah, the only reason I questioned your posting, is because the 90-93 conversion would be more feasable than the 94-02. That would require some major funding for the customization/fabrication.

The 90-93 requires a welded bumper support form the newer series and of course bumper,hood,fenders (which would need to be lined up so the doors won't crush them, minor cutting.

No offense, I am not calling you ignorant, just warning you of a lot of work if you go higher which may become illogical at some point in time.

wprocomp
08-31-2003, 02:43 PM
I dont see why not...you will need to do ALOT of work but what the hell right?

why would you want to get rid of the flip-ups anyways man:(

Magny
08-31-2003, 03:05 PM
Don't really wanna get rid of the flipups, just wanna get a body kit and hood that'll vent out the engine bay and make it cooler.

whish I coud post pics to show you which ones but i seem to can't, and still can't attach pictures to this forum.

Here try these links:

Carbon Fiber Fender (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1990&vnopinum=823%2B0447&vTitle=1990 HONDA Accord Body Components Body Part - Fenders Front&vaffid=0)

Carbon Fiber Hood (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsplargepic&vpic=Lags1Predatorhood.jpg)

Headlight Assembly (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1990&vnopinum=850%2B0508&vTitle=1990 HONDA Accord Lighting Headlamp Assembly&vaffid=0)

pretty much that. if they make fenders & hoods like that for the 86 accord then I need to know who and where to get them. then all I would have to worry about is custom making the flipups a different way.

zero.counter
08-31-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by wprocomp
I dont see why not...you will need to do ALOT of work but what the hell right?

why would you want to get rid of the flip-ups anyways man:(
:lol Sometimes you crack me up bro!
Money is the issue, something which many on this board lack. Also...focus and drive for the project. Some get burned out halfway through and some keep going. Things come up, bills, kids, maintenance, chicks, clubbing, you name it.

Magny
08-31-2003, 11:19 PM
I am a all out project go'er, I like doing these things. Gives me challenges. Whoever does a project shouldn't stop or get burned out halfway, go all the way its fun.

So anyone with ideas on where I can look for doin this conversion??? I looked it up from Meta. , but can't find anything. Someone please help I hella wanna do this.

toastyghost
09-01-2003, 12:21 PM
I can't find the link but a while back, a place in Canada was selling 90-93 front-end conversion kits. I believe it was RedShift Racing but they seem to be defunct from all I can see. Their old website is now a redirect to a site that doesn't work, and I can't find anything about them on Google except an auto-x Civic one guy built. :P

ghost_ny
09-01-2003, 12:45 PM
YES IT IS POSSIBLE, IF YOU HAVE THE $$$MONEY$$$. SIMPLE AS THAT

89AcCOrDmike
09-01-2003, 01:10 PM
dude if you really want that just buy a 4g

Magny
09-02-2003, 04:32 PM
nah man im stickin with the 3Geez, i just wanna do something that hasn't or probably has been done before on a 3rd gen. i am wanting to build this 3Gee accord up and put it in shows. you rarely and i mean majorly rarely see 3Gees in shows.

blazin3gen
09-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Magny
nah man im stickin with the 3Geez, i just wanna do something that hasn't or probably has been done before on a 3rd gen. i am wanting to build this 3Gee accord up and put it in shows. you rarely and i mean majorly rarely see 3Gees in shows.

hell ya bro thats awesome! i like the fact that your doing this as your project and still keeping the 3gee not getting a 4th gen, u would be our first and probly only member that would do this!

wikked aka carlos was planning on doing a 2nd teg conversion to his hatch but havent talked to him in awhile so yea i give u props if u do it :D :super:

Dibbs
09-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by toastyghost
I can't find the link but a while back, a place in Canada was selling 90-93 front-end conversion kits. I believe it was RedShift Racing but they seem to be defunct from all I can see. Their old website is now a redirect to a site that doesn't work, and I can't find anything about them on Google except an auto-x Civic one guy built. :P

What the hell happened to them? They had a JDM front end conversion for the '86-89. If memory serves they had an accord in Japan with flush headlights and the body parts just bolted on. I thought it would look good on my Hatchy.

k-roy
09-03-2003, 11:23 AM
89AcCOrDmike got it right, just buy a 4th gen, it has the look you want, and many more parts can be found

Vinny
09-03-2003, 11:29 AM
I gotta gree with a few others. If your gonna go go all out. Gotta love wanting to stick with the 3G but you also have to look at cost, time, and pain and suffering. You might be cheaper to just get a 4th gen accord

Magny
09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
nah i got a creative mind and i just wanna put it to use. yeah money will be an issue but time, pain and suffering (patience) isnt an issue to me.

crwa
09-06-2003, 10:38 AM
Dude, your gettin yourself in deep with this project. So you want to do a whole new front end or just the front bumper??? If you want to do the whole front end your gonna need to make custom fenders and I think the hood on the 90-93 accords is wider then then third gen hoods, and then you will need a new core support and you'll need to relocate the radiator and a few other things... I'd say its not worth it, and unless your really good at body work... but if your paying a shop, your gonna get raped cause its not worth the money, cause you'll never make it back when you go to sell your car later on.

I'd say you'd be better off getting a jdm front clip and making your car rhd... then do some nice body work and then nice paint and your ready for show after the interior is done...

My friend did a 99-00 civic si conversion on his 89 civic hatch and it turned out amazing, he did it all himslef but he had to do so much custom modifications...

Good luck to you, your gonna need it, but I'd say just get a 4th gen accord and go from there if thats the front end you want...

HondaBoy
09-06-2003, 12:15 PM
ive never seen a 4th gen accord front clip on the 3gee, but ive seen the 6th gen accord front on the 3gee. i have a pic of one saved somewhere. i know its in there somewhere. i know it was a blue one. anyway, the conversion i wanted to do to a 3gee was a prelude front and rear end conversion. im going to be talking to my friends cousin that does body work about it. i think that would be the one i will do, that is when i have the money of course! as for finding a good front and rear end of a prelude, i have over 10 to choose from, so thats not a problem. this guy who has a civic hatchy here where i live did a integra front conversion with the round head lights. he spent over 5gs on the body work alone. not telling about the paint. looked good when i saw it.

kicker1_solo
09-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Magny

Carbon Fiber Fender (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1990&vnopinum=823%2B0447&vTitle=1990 HONDA Accord Body Components Body Part - Fenders Front&vaffid=0)

Carbon Fiber Hood (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsplargepic&vpic=Lags1Predatorhood.jpg)

Headlight Assembly (http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=140&vmodelid=010&vcatyear=1990&vnopinum=850%2B0508&vTitle=1990 HONDA Accord Lighting Headlamp Assembly&vaffid=0)

pretty much that. if they make fenders & hoods like that for the 86 accord then I need to know who and where to get them. then all I would have to worry about is custom making the flipups a different way. The only problem with that is that you couldn't use the CF fenders. The reason being is that for a front end conversion like that you will have to cut up your old fenders and weld them to the newer fenders, so you will have custom made fenders, not 90+ fenders.

Justin86
09-10-2003, 11:28 AM
You would be best with a 90-93 front bumper and getting a 3g CF hood. Leave the fenders stock. Just too much work. Unless you have WAY too much money then you know what to do with. I plan on getting a 4g accord bumper and 3g CF hood for apperance mods when I have the money. Maybe in a few years when I'm ready to do that stuff. Right now I'm stuck of performance mods.