PDA

View Full Version : "Vinyl" interior wrapping????

Type R Accord
08-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Has anyone out there seen like import show cars with that slick dash wrapping??? Ive seen it done especially on integras, some with designs, some just solid color....i know its not a "vinyl wrap" by definition....im not actually sure of what its really called...i was wondering if anyone out there knows of what it is and how its performed...

its shown here on the interior pics of this integra...
Heres the integra its done on.... (http://www.importtuner.com/features/0302it_coldfuzion/)

And here is a pic of that slick dash interior... (http://www.importtuner.com/features/0302it_coldfuzion10_zoom.jpg)

dXsquared
09-01-2003, 05:56 AM
thats not vinyl.. that Gel Coat... its like fibreglass smoothed real good and then painted with high gloss car paint

Travis

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-01-2003, 07:50 AM
hmmm, i thought it looked like shiny plastic. that's gotta be a bit expensive too. it looks cool though.

87Hybrid
09-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Super street did an article on one of the shops in southern california that dows it. True to teh normal superstreet form No materials were named just a bunch off smart ass comments to the owner of the shop. HTe abuse that some people go through for free advertisisng

89accord_lxi_coupe
09-01-2003, 08:11 AM
hey hybrid what issue was it? i didn't see it in my reading of the mag. yes i have a subscription, don't like it, bite me.

Type R Accord
09-01-2003, 11:40 PM
OOOOoooo Gel Coat???? i see...thanks dxhatchback...would look sick on a 3g dont you think??? i wonder how much it costs...probably alot...

Blue Impact
09-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Type R Accord
OOOOoooo Gel Coat???? i see...thanks dxhatchback...would look sick on a 3g dont you think??? i wonder how much it costs...probably alot...

It'll add lots and lots of horses to the car too. :D

Vinny
09-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
It'll add lots and lots of horses to the car too. :D

Does it add as many as a bunch of stickers????????????:huh:

Type R Accord
09-02-2003, 11:17 AM
hmmmph...whats wrong with gel coat...it doesnt add as many horses as a fat ass cf wing...:)

Dibbs
09-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Maybe you're thinking of Interior Design Film. Folia Tec makes it in about 10 different colors and you paste it to your interior pieces. Looks good IMO