PDA

View Full Version : FRONT BODYKIT FOR 3Geez

ICEMAN707
09-01-2003, 02:11 AM
hey guys! sorry for being away for awhile. i've done alot of research and i'm in the process of getting my car bodykitted and painted. i will be working with this bodyshop owner on my car about custom fitting a kit to my car. he's had his 96 rx7 with celica headlights, 92 300zx with supra taillights, amongst other cars he owns with different conversions. so i know he can fit a kit to my car no prob. (as long as you got the money, of course...hehe) anyways, i've come across this front body kit that i feel would be the best candidate for putting on our 3g's. it is a 90-93 teg Mugen front kit that is attached to the bottom half of the teg's stock front bumper. giving how 90-93 teg bumpers can fit our 3g's with very little modification, i feel this kit will attach to our stock bumpers as well with some work with fiberglass poly resin, epoxy adhesive, and some sanding. i was going this route in custom fitting a front kit to my car...cutting the bodykit top half and have then bottom half mated to the top half of the stock bumper and molding it....but when i saw this, this takes alot out of the risk and cutting work. what do you guys think?

http://www.importfan.com/images/products/catalog/integra_90_93/integra_90_b_gtp_type_mugn_style_fb_02.jpg

http://www.importfan.com/images/products/catalog/integra_90_93/integra_90_b_gtp_type_mugn_style_fb_02.jpg

http://www.importfan.com/images/products/catalog/integra_90_93/integra_90_b_gtp_type_mugn_style_fb_04.jpg

ICEMAN707
09-01-2003, 02:49 AM
here is a pic of how it looks on the teg

http://www.importfan.com/images/products/catalog/integra_90_93/integra_90_b_gtp_type_mugn_style_fb_01.jpg

those of you who have good photoshopping skills do your magic on a good pic of a 3gee for all of us to see in order to enlighten us on the look of this kit on our cars.

hmmm...Paul Aerodeck...if you are reading this, care to photoshop that front for us?

guaynabo89
09-01-2003, 09:07 AM
What shop is this?

I think it will look good with subtle side skirts and a rear piece.

Is that what your planning or are you just putting on the front?

ICEMAN707
09-01-2003, 09:17 AM
i think 4th gen 90-93 accord black widow sides and rear go good with that kit due to the squareness of the kit. the shop is A-Class autobody on Michigan Ave. in the Kissimmee city area. but it's pretty simple to mold that kit to our bumper, if you have good molding/fiberglassing skills. it's not really that hard, just get some fiberglass resin, some fiber cloth fabric, some epoxy glue, a drill, some nuts and bolts, fiberglass marine-use bondo, a really good sander and lots of sandpaper, and lots of time and patience. it helps to remove the stock bumper and scraping/sanding all the paint off.

markmdz89hatch
09-02-2003, 08:54 AM
damn, I've been keeping my eyes on this bumper for quite some time now. I'm glad you showed it, and actually, I never knew it was just an add on.

Is this a definite that it's going on? If so, post pics ASAP with it. I might have to 'borrow' your idea for my hatchie as well. (That is if you don't mind.) Hell, if his price is right, I just might even buy it from your shop to keep the business going to him.

Vinny
09-02-2003, 09:43 AM
Yeah your not tooo far from me so let us know what goes on when you get it done

Neuspeed007
09-02-2003, 12:35 PM
has anybody ever thought that since we all know that the 90-93 bumpers fit with little mods, that ANY BODY KIT AVAILABLE FOR THE CAR would fit with little mod also? lol

bobafett
09-03-2003, 07:29 AM
yeah but some look better than others. this will look better than a 4g accord kit :)

toastyghost
09-03-2003, 09:16 AM
This is a pretty nice bumper if you don't want too wild of a look. It looks almost like it could be a stock bumper from a more expensive car or something :)

ICEMAN707
09-03-2003, 09:49 PM
yeah pretty much a car's bodykit with the same measurements as ours will and can be made to fit our cars with some molding work. just gotta look at the lines of the bodykit you are choosing and make sure it flows with the car. the most important of all is measuring. i find that most late 80's cars have that same boxy styling. but i find that the 90-93 accord sides and rear and a 90-93 integra front is the best fit with little mods. my car will be kitted and painted within the month and i will take pics of my progress for sure.

joker2
09-04-2003, 12:34 PM
Damn!!! I like that........ You make sure you keep us informed on that one.......:super: