PDA

View Full Version : low boyz coil over+ strut

modu03
09-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I found these coilovers for our cars...

http://www.justairbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=23891

any comments about these... I'm planning on saving up to buy these for my car... but it's alot of money... $239/pair...

that's $480 plus tax and shipping for the complete set.

anything I should know about these coilovers???... good... bad...

it's the only coilover I've seen for our cars that already has the shocks in em.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Travis aka DXHATCHBACK is the only member that has them. He has mentioned in the past that the rear springs on them are to stiff. In fact I recommend that you do a search under lowboyz or coilovers and his username. Over the course of time his opinion's on them have changed from good to bad then back to good. I could be wrong about that, but that's what I remember.

dXsquared
09-01-2003, 03:24 PM
yes.. i have Lowboyz... at first i was pissed because they werent a bolt on thing. i had to cut the top ring off the stock spring and weld it to the top of the coilover spring. (in the rear) then i put them on and i had all sorts of likes and dislikes. they seem to be extremly stiff, but some other person says that they are very weak. i have riddin in PIP's accord that has Ractive coilovers and KYB's and his car wasnt as harsh, but it bounced a helluva lot. he also has 16's and i have 17's

if you do go with LOWBOYZ, make shur you get 15's or lower.. the limited amount of sidewall with 17's makes the ride very harsh and jarring... with my 13's it was much stiffer than stock, but not as harsh... as a matter of fact, i want to sell my 17's for a set of 15 inch Rota's

Travis

modu03
09-04-2003, 12:30 PM
ok... thanks for the advice... I've been trying to decide whether to go with the Ractive and performance shocks, or with the lowboys... I still have the stock tires and don't plan on going bigger than a 15 or maybe a 16

why did you have to weld the top ring from the stock spring???

dXsquared
09-04-2003, 12:49 PM
the coilovers use a 2.5 inch spring.. the stock accord has a 3 inch rear spring.. so for the spring to fit in the upper perch, i had to add the old top spring

Travis