PDA

View Full Version : trans problem

THE_LoserNextDoor
09-01-2003, 06:31 PM
major problems!! need help! while driving to work today i noticed that my spedo wasn't working. no problem thought that some wires or something came loose..? get out of car at work and i see a trail of trans fluid... looked under car and trans is gushing fluid. i haven't tried to start it or anything need to know possibilities for what went wrong and what to do to fix it. PLEASE HELP!?!?!

BITESIZE
09-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Damn..............maybe your axle fell out (seriously) , the axle seals are leaking, the radiator hoses (which carries tranny fluid) that is hooked to the bottom of you radiator is leaking, or your tranny is just dead. Most likely your tranny is dead.

After $200 I put in a 5 speed.

I just did it to my beast. You won't regret it!!!! :super:

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Since you mention that the speedo quit working, it sounds to me like your speed sensor came loose. On the top towards the back of the tranny, there is a speed sensor which turns the speedo cable, and also has input and output hoses for the power steering fluid (for the variable assist steering). If this came loose, ATF would be free to come out, and the gear on the sensor wouldn't mesh with the gear in the tranny, hence the non working speedo. It's easy to find if you just follow the speedo cable (the one that runs across the engine between the valve cover and the throttle body) down to the tranny, and you'll see it bolted to the tranny with the cable going in the top and 2 little hoses coming out the side. I'll bet you it's loose or broken.

But also check the things Bitesize mentioned above, especially the 2 hoses going into the bottom of the radiator, and check for any loose bolts on the tranny anywhere.

THE_LoserNextDoor
09-03-2003, 07:49 PM
thanks you guys but there is bad news. bitsize was right. i tore out the passanger side cv axel and completely fucked up the trans while continuing on my way to work.. everything was soo banged up i don't konw how i didn't hear it hitting the trans. this is really bad cause i don't have the time or money to replace the trans by myself and the shop i use wants 1300 for a used auto and 1800 for a manual with the converson. both unacceptable... horrible news my loveable 3g had died. but the good news is i may be parting it out ... don't know yet.. get ahold of me if you guys are interested in anything specific!! thanks to you guys again.

bty i am still going to get on 3geez eventhough i am going to buy a 5g accord ex...or a 4g prelude si....sorry!!!

SiR
09-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Dont worry about, shit like this happens. Hey, as long as your staying here and getting another Honda, its all good!.