PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Fog Lights

HondaBoy
09-01-2003, 09:10 PM
2day, i went to the junk yard and picked up some fog lights off of a prelude. i got em for $10. they said they work, but i dont have them connected yet. i decided to put them on since i had some time. i had to flip the bracket around and drill holes into the steel bumper. it was a bitch to put them on cuz the brackets dont just go on with a snap of your fingers. i had to cut some of my bumper cover away for the back to fit so the front looks right. their in now and they look pretty good. they look pretty much like stock ones would. i guess you could say my 3gee is preluded out. with the fog lights, seats, steering wheel, and rims. now back to the fog lights, im not shur how to go about wiring them up. im not shur if i will hook them directly to the battery or hook them up to a fuse. a fuse would be a good idea, but i guess for that, i will buy an extra fuse box. just to run off the battery for small stuff. how should i hook up the fog lights? cuz i dont wanna mess them up by doing it wrong. i took some pix, but im going to take some more when it sunny.

MrBen
09-01-2003, 09:20 PM
Just wire them to a switch, and then from the switch directly to the battery.

HondaBoy
09-01-2003, 09:26 PM
but i thought its a good idea for it to be done with a fuse. why wouldnt i need a fuse? that will be easier though without one. i already got a switch and wire. i can just run it through the hole where the wire to my amp goes through.

MrBen
09-01-2003, 09:50 PM
The fuse protects the wiring. The fuse is there to protect the wire, which would be much harder to replace than the fog lights themselves. Really, it is up to you if you want to protect your investment, but in this case, I wouldn't worry about it unless you really want to go through the trouble.

Vinny
09-02-2003, 06:30 AM
An inline fuse is always a good idea, especially when you can get one for a few bucks at an autoparts store. You can loose more than just the lights if you don't have a fuse in them and you short something out

HondaBoy
09-05-2003, 08:17 PM
ayt, i wired them up. im having trouble with the left one. im thinking its having trouble grounding. it may need a new bulb, or i might need to rewire that side. either way, im going to have to take the bumper off to make sure about the wiring. i soldered all the connections. it may be grounding itself out somewhere else on the positive, so this would cause it to have some what of a short. anyway, when they do work, they are ion yellow. they have the original bulbs, so i may change them out to something else. they look like stock type fog lights, so thats good. im sure the new lights will look better with a front body kit.

BITESIZE
09-05-2003, 09:01 PM
A fuse in a necessity not an if! You can catch your car on fire without a fuse.

HondaBoy
09-05-2003, 09:49 PM
yeah, im going to the parts store tomorrow to look for one. my friend with a blazer got his fuse thingy at auto zone i think. its like a 78 or 79 so anything he added he had to get the fuse box.

MrBen
09-05-2003, 09:56 PM

MrBen
09-05-2003, 09:58 PM

blazin3gen
09-05-2003, 10:03 PM
WTF ghetto?!? lol

MrBen
09-06-2003, 07:08 AM
I edited my posts... I was gong to say something nasty and I decided to edit them.

HondaBoy
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
hey GhettoAccord, i bet you just wanted to post to show your sig's hot shots of your 3gee. hehe. anyway, i went and bought a 4 fuse box. it was like $4. im going to start with a 15amp fuse first. i think i will wire each light to a fuse. i wanna get some wire looms to clean up the wires and run that down past the bumper area to keep water out. i guess if i go to the junk yard today or tomorrow i will pocket some fuses out of a few hondas. and also i guess i will get an extra fuse puller cuz most of my friends cars didnt come with one. guess i'll update y'all on how the new fuse box works for my fogs.

MrBen
09-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Great! Let us know how it turns out and if you have any problems.

Justin86
09-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by blazin3gen
WTF ghetto?!? lol
He was just trying to be a post whore like the rest of us. Well at least like bm and some others.:D