PDA

View Full Version : What Struts are cheap or some what cheap for an 89 accord lx-i?

89AccordLXI666
06-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Hi guy's. I was wondering what shocks are great for our cars, but not too expensive but good?? I need two struts for the front, cuz everytime I go over a bump It makes like a sqeaking noise and it's pissing me off, and not only that, it's embarrising when your driving by people. I am looking for good ones, but some what cheap. Thanks guy's, Peace! :D :wave:

Jims 86LXI HB
06-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Well first of all don't be surprised if your squeak is still their after you install new struts. Their are lot's of things in the suspension that can make that noise. Old tired sway bar bushings are one of them. To answer your question. If you never ever plan to lower your car, now or for the life of the strut go to the www.tirerack.com and pickup a set of KYB GR-2's. Very good price;) for a oem strut I have never seen them anywhere else cheaper.

accordboricua
06-17-2002, 07:32 PM
I've been having the same problem. Whenever I go over a bump, a horrible squeak sound comes from the rear...I took out the springs a check them...the were alright...so I think it may be a bushing.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-17-2002, 07:40 PM
U ARE THE GURU!!! HEY JIMS!! WHAT DO THEY MEAN ..WHEN THEY CUT THE ROTOR??? I HAD MY ROTORS CUT LAST MONTH...THEY SWEEEK AND THEN MADE AN GOD AWFUL NOISE!!! AFTER GETTING THEM CUT, THEY STILL SWEEK, BUT NO AWFUL NOISE...SHOULD I JUST BUY NEW ROTORS???

Jims 86LXI HB
06-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
U ARE THE GURU!!! HEY JIMS!! WHAT DO THEY MEAN ..WHEN THEY CUT THE ROTOR??? I HAD MY ROTORS CUT LAST MONTH...THEY SWEEEK AND THEN MADE AN GOD AWFUL NOISE!!! AFTER GETTING THEM CUT, THEY STILL SWEEK, BUT NO AWFUL NOISE...SHOULD I JUST BUY NEW ROTORS???

You you mean you had your warped rotors turned or machined?
What kind of awful noise was it? Were the pads reinstalled with the proper metal backings? Did you use anti squel stuff when reassembling the pads? You can get oem rotor's for like $15 each is you want.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
06-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Well If I am correct!! I took it to a half-ass mechanic..I think he gave me the cheapest pads around....and as for the noise.... imagine this sound!!! sweeeeeeeeeeekkk arrrrrrrrronnnnnnnn!!!
sick!!! when i took the car back!!! they took the rotors off and did something to them!!! He used the word ( Cut )...Dats all I can really tell you!! ( sorry kinda new at this )..I was thinking of buying some new pads, rotors calipers & drums..what do u think?>