PDA

View Full Version : Help with Mike's89AccordLX

qh187
09-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Ok here's the story. At the beginning of August I bought a whole sound system from Mike. Here's the thread for reference. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21908&highlight=rockford

The deal was going smoothly and I paid as soon as I agreed to buy it. He sent me almost everything. He advertised his headunit to have a 2 yr warranty still on it from best buy. When I got the package from him it had everything but the paper work for the warranty. That was the key selling point for me. So I contacted him and sent him a pm letting him know that it was missing. He said he forgot to send it and he would send it to me right away. That was two weeks ago. I haven't gotten anything since then. I've been trying to contact him via AIM or pm but he hasn't been answering me. I know he's read my pm because of the pm tracking. But I haven't heard a word from him yet.

Really all I want is to get what I bought. If he doesn't have it then I want a full refund and I'll send everything back to him. Its as simple as that. I might be new to this board but I keep my end of the bargain. Seeing that he had over 4000+ posts and good feedback I thought he would be trustworthy.

By posting this I hope I can get this settled with him by bringing in the attention of all the board members. If you personally know him please let him know that I want to finish this deal.

2old_honda
09-02-2003, 12:24 PM
hey man, that sucks.
Are those best buy warrantees transferable? I highly doubt they are. You might want to look into that, if it isnt transferable then the warranty is worthless to you anyway.

Anyway, that is really low of him not answering your PM's and emails. I would expect better than that. I hope you guys can work something out.

PogiLXI
09-02-2003, 01:00 PM
If it doesnt have a name on it, Who ever holds the Paperwork, Gets the Warrenty.

qh187
09-02-2003, 01:11 PM
I know for a fact that those warranties are fully transferrable. Regardless he should answer my messages. Thanks for the support guys.

Vinny
09-02-2003, 01:13 PM
They can track the warranty by phone number and address, then they need to know what store you got it at and blah blah blah blah blah. Its do-able without paperwork but a royal pain in the ass. Trust me I lost a receipt from best buy once. Mike's a good guy and he's been here a long time. Maybe he just has gotten busy or its in the mail or whatever. Anyways theres nothing we can do to "force" him to do anything but I hope you get what you need from him

A Dawg Jr
09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
I don't know mike, but I found him to be kinda flacky with deals like this... I don't know how many different b20a's he was going to buy.. he was going to buy my body kit off me, but never did, and that's fine, but he never wrote me telling me that.. I sent him 3 pm's asking when he wanted to pay sense we were going to do it over paypal, he never answered. I then find one of his posts saying he is buying a prelude... so then I right him asking WTF is up and he sends me a short 'I'm buying this other car so I don't need it'...

Isorry about your warrenty though.. that really sucks.

MrBen
09-02-2003, 01:31 PM
They can track the warranty by phone number and address, then they need to know what store you got it at and blah blah blah blah blah. Its do-able without paperwork but a royal pain in the ass. Trust me I lost a receipt from best buy once. Mike's a good guy and he's been here a long time. Maybe he just has gotten busy or its in the mail or whatever. Anyways theres nothing we can do to "force" him to do anything but I hope you get what you need from him

How would you know if he's a good guy, and how would you know if there's anything we can do to force him to pay? You've been here a month...

I'm sure Mike just got busy.

Vinny
09-02-2003, 02:14 PM
gee isn't that what I was saying, that maybe he got busy????/ And if you read before you comment, all I said was theres nothing we (as in me you or anyone else)can do, what is someone going to call his mom, threaten him physically, just give him a guilt trip til he fess' up the paperwork. And the amount of time doesn't have anything to do with anything. If I ask him a question and he gets back to me as far as I know he's a good guy, maybe I should put "seems" like a good guy. like some people "seem " to be assholes on here. Some peoples kids....... been here forever and still know...........anyways

Mike's89AccordLX
09-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Well holy damn I do school shit and I get a bad rep in 2 weeks. I honestly haven't touched a computer since school started b/c I have been so busy. Plus there was a mess up with when I sent them out there wasn't enough postage. (used one of those package scales at my friends work and it wasn't enough so they got sent back.) But they're hopefully getting sent out again today or tomorrow at the latest. And as for the warrenty thing, I will look for it when I get to my house b/c it wasn't in my glove box. And A Dawg Jr, I honestly don't think you should say anything bad about me b/c you were a lot worse than I was. I'm not going to get into the whole thing but I know a few members know what I went through and they think I wasn't bad by not telling you right away. And I checked and it was 2 pm's and it was only 2 pm's b/c I didn't get to check my pm's for a day.

A Dawg Jr
09-03-2003, 11:24 AM
w/e man... i was in a tough position not even being at my house having my mom do all that shit for me, so I was trying hard to get this shipped, and you didn't tell me. No matter what happened you should have told me.. you knew it was my mom who was doing all this. but w/e I don't care. it's more of a decency thing

qh187
09-03-2003, 11:45 AM
My fault Mike. I apologize for jumping the gun. I've had some bad deals in the past and have lost money online with online trading. You should let me know next time. Thanks.

Mike's89AccordLX
09-03-2003, 12:00 PM
Well it wasn't my decision to stay off the computer. (my g/f hates it when I'm on here.) It's ok though. And A Dawg Jr, I think you forgot to mention everything that you did and that I had to deal with. You're not the saint you're making yourself to be. I admit I should have told you but you know what I waited and waited for over 3 months and deals with you just kept falling through so I don't think you should talk to me about decency.